𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞 ( Treasure - Bang Yedam )

(This is from my Treasure Imagines book)

"All-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, eggs, butter, shortening, and powdered sugar," I recited the ingredients to Yedam over the phone. "And don't forget piping bags and cupcake liners."

"Got it," he replied. "Anything else?"

"I think that's everything."

"Okay, I'll be there in 15 minutes. See ya then," he ended the call.

The Treasure members were having a movie night at their dorm, and Yedam insisted that I attend. I hadn't seen the other members in a while, so I thought making some cupcakes for them would be a nice gesture. I asked Yedam to pick up the ingredients while he was on his way to my apartment so we can make them together. It's only been 3 months since Yedam and I started dating, so I'm still trying to make a good impression on the other members. It hasn't been very difficult, though. They're some of the most fun and friendly people I've ever met.

I organized the kitchen and wiped off the counters so we would have a clean work space, and started vacuuming the floor to kill time until Yedam got here. By the time I had finished the last room, the doorbell rang. I quickly rolled the vacuum back into the closet, and ran to answer the door.

"Hey," Yedam waltzed in with several shopping bags and set them on the counter. He turned around and gave me a tight hug. "How are you?"

"I'm okay," we pulled out of the hug. "I'm excited to see the members again, last time was so much fun."

He laughed. "Yeah, Junghwan still has a bruise from getting hit by the ball."

I raised an eyebrow. "Remind me to stay out of Jihoon's way during the next dodge ball game. I don't want to end up with a broken nose."

I started taking everything out of the bag and organizing them on the counter, while Yedam shuffled over to the oven. "What temperature do I need to preheat it to?"

"Umm..." I looked over the recipe. "350°F."

Yedam stuck the liners in the cupcake pan while I started with the ingredients. I mixed 2½ cups of flour, 2 cups of sugar, 3 tsp of baking powder, and 1 tsp of salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, Yedam combined 1 cup of milk, ½ cup of vegetable oil, 1 tbsp of vanilla extract, and 2 eggs. Then, he poured his bowl of wet ingredients, into my bowl of dry ingredients.

I got my electric mixer out of the cabinet and turned it on to mix everything together. However, it started spinning faster than I had expected and some of the dry ingredients were flying out of the bowl, getting white flour dust all over my clothes.

"Ahh!" I quickly turned the mixer off, and nervously turned towards Yedam, embarrassed of what he had just witnessed.

He just laughed at the situation. "Here," he took the mixer from my hands. "Let me do it."

I stepped out of his way and watched intently. He easily started mixing everything without a problem. I was relieved to have him here to help. I enjoy baking, but I don't do it often, so I'm not the greatest at it. Yedam, on the other hand, looks like he could be a professional.  I swear there isn't a single thing he can't do.

        I decided to just let him be in charge of the mixer, to prevent any other messes from being made due to my clumsiness.  I passed him 1 cup of water.  "Now you're supposed to slowly mix this in.  The recipe says that the batter will be really thin, but that's apparently how it's supposed to be."