𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 ( ATEEZ )

"Hey Jongho! What's up?"

"Hey!" You heard his soft voice through your phone. "Are you busy tonight?"

"Nah, I haven't made any plans. Why?"

"The members and I are having a camp fire since it's the first weekend off when we're actually all free for once. You should come hangout." He suggested.

"Is it gonna be a big thing, since you're all inviting friends?" I questioned.

"Ummm no, I don't think the other members are inviting anyone."

"Really? Then why are you inviting me? Isn't it gonna be weird?" I giggled.

"Don't worry, they won't care." He assured. "And I promised I'd introduce you to them sometime."

"Oh no, you don't actually have to do that. I was just joking." I scratched my head.

"It'll be fine. They'll be happy to make a new friend. Meet us at the beach at 9. And you should wear something red... Yeosang likes that color."

"Jongho!!"

He chuckled. "See you soon."

I rolled my eyes and slipped my phone into my pocket. I sighed and looked down at my unfinished sandwich, then glanced at the clock on the wall. I had 2 hours to get ready before I need to catch a taxi. I threw my sandwich in the trash can, and set the plate in the sink before shuffling off to my room.
I opened my closet door, taking a step back to scan over all the articles of clothing inside. My eyes immediately landed on a red sweater dress. I paused for a moment, unable to decide. What am I supposed to wear to meet my favorite Kpop group? Do I dress to impress Yeosang? Or do I treat this situation like all the other times Jongho and I have casually hung out?
I finally decided to just wear the red sweater dress. There's no harm in simply wearing red, right? And Yeosang probably won't even notice.
I spent the full 2 hours doing my makeup and curling my hair. As it got closer to 9, I got more and more nervous. I had known Jongho for years, but I had never met the other members before. I had to keep trying to calm down and convince myself that it's just Jongho and his friends.

    I got into a cab and texted Jongho that I was on my way.  It didn't take long for me to arrive.  I stepped off the side of the road and into the sand.

It was dark outside, but I still got the same blissful feeling the beach always gives me. The air was cool, I could hear the waves gently crashing ashore, and I could smell the salty air with every inhale.
I heard faint laughter to my left, and saw the dancing flames of a campfire. I started in that direction and noticed a shadowy figure spring up and start speeding towards me.

"You made it!"  Jongho threw his arm around my neck, almost putting me in a head lock.  "Let's goooo!"  He drug me off to the campfire.

     My heart was beating out of my chest as we joined the circle of guys seated around the cozy fire.

    "Hey guys," Jongho introduced me.  "This is my friend Y/N."

    I waved shyly.  "I hope I'm not intruding or anything..."

    A warm smile stretched across Hongjoong's face.  "Any friend of Jongho's is a friend of our's.  Sit anywhere you'd like."

    There was an open spot next to Yeosang, and another between Yunho and Mingi, but I decided to stick to Jongho's side.

    We sat comfortably on a blanket and San handed us two metal roasting sticks.  "Do you want a hot dog?"  He asked cheerfully.

    "Sure."  I nodded.