✰ four

I stuck up my middle finger and brushed past Armon. He thought it would be a good idea to bother Miguel and I after we had already had the fight this morning.

"Yo Jaylin. Lemme holla at you." Armon said walking away from his friend group. Miguel shot me a quick look and rolled his eyes. I hesitated and finally walked over.

"What do you want." I said, adjusting the chain he gave me. He looked down at my neck and smirked.

"Trust me, if it wasn't cute I would've been popped it and threw it away." I said, rubbing my temples. He licked his lips and folded his arms. "I just had to teach yo ass who's the one running shit. Nah but it forreal wasn't cool what I did. I'm sorry. We coo shawty?" He said opening his arms for a hug.

"I don't know if your brain is scrambled from all of those drugs and pills you take.... But it's still fuck you." I say spinning around and skipping away.

Miguel was listening and smiled at me, laughing. "Bitch who's Aubrey walking with?" I pointed towards the two of them and squinted my eyes.

Aubrey made her way over, hanging onto the tall male's arm. She smiled and introduced us to him.

"Guys, meet Ron. Ron meet Miguel and Jaylin." I wave and go back to my conversation with Miguel.

Before I could utter out a word, in walked the most annoying person at the school. Jemmo Watkins. Him and I had one of the longest beefs ever. We had been going at each other's throats since elementary school. He was openly gay and felt that him being gay was a personality trait.

"I'm passing out flyers for Armon and Antonne's party tomorrow night! Everybody is invited. Well except you." He pointed at me and chuckled.

"Why not?" I say, fixing my hair. "I mean they didn't say you couldn't come but I don't need you slowing down my man, Armon." I lost a bit of air on that last part and choked on my own breath.

"Your man?" I giggled out. He nodded and raised his eyebrows. "You can have him. That's you getting ran through." He threw a few papers in my face and stormed off.

I always found a way to get under his skin. Whenever he tries to come for me, I always have a rebuttal that'll be even worse.

"You going to that party? I'm going if you go cause me by myself, it's prone for something to happen." Miguel said, walking out the doors just as the bell rang.

"I mean Antonne's my friend so yeah I'm going." I headed back over to my car and sat with Miguel until Aubrey came running over.

"Girl what took you so long. I was bout ready to pull off." I said, cranking up the car. Her face flushed and she threw her backpack off her shoulder.

"Bitch hurry up and drive me home. Ron asked me if I wanna go to Antonne's party with him." She squealed and kicked her legs.

After a long talk about our boring love lives, I pulled into Aubrey's yard. "Bye mamas. Love you." I said before pulling back off.

"Jay, you think it'll be okay if I spend the night at your house and we can go to the party together?" I nod and head back home.

*NIGHT OF PARTY*

"It says that they're having edibles, blunts, everything." Miguel mutters while examining the flyer on Instagram.

"I'm taking me an edible and probably getting high off some sativa." We both smile and fix our clothes.

"Alright bitch. The party officially started an hour ago. Aubrey texted me and said that she's there but you know we gotta show up late." I said, grabbing the keys and dashing to the door. Miguel followed behind me and we made our way to the address.

There were plenty of cars and there were a few people standing outside on the porch with red solo cups in their hands. I walked up to the table where Armon and Antonne were standing and was greeted.

"Wassup Jay." They both said in unison.

"Hey Antonne." I said, ignoring Armon. Antonne passed me an entire weed brownie, and I ate it ALL. Before it could even digest into my stomach, I found myself pulling at a blunt.

My mind began to clear as I blew the smoke out and watched it linger in the air. That's when the high started to come. And when it hit, it really packed a punch.

"Here take this." The guy sitting at the table said to me. It was a round pill, and I got a confused look. "What is it?" I said, holding it in my hand. "Perc. It'll calm your nerves." I hesitated but all eyes were on me. I threw it in my mouth. I probably would regret that later but whatever.

I felt like I was floating. Then I heard music play through the loud speakers.

Don't slip, Don't slip
'Cause a nigga might push upon it
Don't really wanna lose this moment
Why window shop when you own this
Don't put it down
Don't fuck around
I want you now, I want you oh

Rihanna's voice filled my head as me and a stranger made eye contact. He nodded his head at me and I walked over, feeling the vibe of the music.

Without exchanging words, we locked lips and swayed. He turned me around and I began to arch my back and move my hips to the beat.

About five minutes passed before I finally caught myself. I'm dancing on a stranger in the middle of a party. It's like everything hit my brain at once because I began to panic.

"No, no." I pushed him away and began to stumble down the hallway as it felt like the room began to spin and turn in all ways.

I spotted Armon and ran over to him.

"Get me some water." He reaches around a corner and got me a cold bottle of water. My knees buckled as I began to gulp down the water.

"Yo Jay... you okay? You sweating bullets."

"Y- Yeah I'm having a bad trip. I'm f-"

I attempted to finish my sentence but instead felt everything go numb and black.