1: Waking up in a new world

Thomas POV:

I woke up in a very strange room. The memories of the latest events still very clear in my head.

Every time I close my eyes I see them again, all of them. Chuck, Winston, Newt, Teresa. And I see a way how I could have saved them. But it doesn't help. They are gone. And it is my fault.

I grab Chucks little poppet and the cure. I look at the two things in my hand. I never thought two things could mean that much for me.

Than I thought of Newts necklace. I probably lost it when I was in the building. Newt gave it to me, wanted that I read it. But even that is too much. I can't even keep a necklace safe. Maybe there was important information in it.

I feel terrible that I don't have the necklace anymore. Which stupid shank looses the necklace of his best friend?!

I sigh and I put the cure and the poppet away. I dry my cheeks and a sad smile appears on my face when I think back of all the funny and the sad moments in the Glade.

"Day one Greenie, rise and shine."

"Welcome to the Glade."

"That's just my way of saying I would've killed you if you died."

"You are the shuckiest shuck-faced shuck in the world!"

"Only seen three Banishments, Tommy. All as nasty as the one you peeped on last night. But every buggin' time, the Grievers leave the collar on our doorstep. Gives me the willies like nothin' else."

"It's a girl.."

"She is te last one.. ever."

"You don't understand, shuck-face! You don't know anything, and you're just making it worse by trying to have hope! We're dead, you hear me? Dead!"

"Be careful, don't die."
"Great, we're all bloody inspired."

"Hell of a first day, Greenie. Here. Put some hair on your chest."

I was pulled away from my thoughts when a nurse came in. I was in a hospital? How are there still hospitals left? Where are the others? I know I wouldn't get an answer but I was still going to ask the most important one. "Where are my friends?" I ask the nurse. She looks surprised. "Friends?" She asks. "Yes the ones on the berg, who were with me when I passed out." I was starting to get really worried now.

"You were found in the woods with a bullet wound." She says in a sweet tone. Right, that bullet wound. Suddenly it began to hurt, it felt like it hurts because I think of it.

"Your father will be here in an hour. You are currently in a city a few hours away from your hometown." She says while looking at a paper. "My father?" I ask. The more that nurse says, the more I am starting to believe she is a crank. I sighed: "I don't have a dad, he died when I was five." It wasn't totally true. My father went insane when I was five. But I decide not to say it, because she looks like she has no idea that the world is one big mess.

She looks very surprised and worried. "No, your father is the Sheriff from Beacon Hills." "What the hell is Beacon Hills?" I ask. The nurse writes something on a paper.

"You should get some rest, maybe it's just the shock." She says, and after that she leaves the room.

I sighed in frustration. "What the actual hell was that?" I mutter under my breath. She probably thinks I am going totally insane. I know I wouldn't get answers when I call her back, but I couldn't sleep either. So I stood up and walked towards the window.

I look through the window and not far from the hospital I see a wood. It was then I realise it. I see cars, people. I see a city. I flinch backwards and stumble over something. I fall and I hit my head hard on the floor. I hear nurses running into the room. And then everything went black.

*** *** ***

My first chapter!! I know it's very short, but I didn't have inspiration to make it longer. But te next part will be a lot longer I promise!! I don't really know yet what I am gonna do, but I'll see how it turns out. Anyway, I hope you like this book! Please comment if you enjoyed it so far!! And correct me if I wrote something wrong, I am not the best in English. If you want to, give it a vote!! I would really appreciate that!! See you next time with a new chapter!
Lots of love from me xx

Edit (5 months later): holy this is terrible written- I just spend so long on only spelling mistakes what was I thinking?! Also I am taking this opportunity to say thank you for nearly 8k reads you guys are insane ily!! <3