12: Friends aren't meant to stay apart

Newt POV:

I feel Scott softly wake me up. I groan. "What- who died?" I ask worried while opining my eyes. He chuckles at my reaction. "Nobody, it's your time to watch over us." I groan and sit up. "Weren't we going to search your mom first?" He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "No, I saw the hospital it was fully ruined. There is no way she is still alive." I just nod, saying I understand him.

"How about your parents?" He asks me. I just shrug. "How am I supposed to know?" I wait a few seconds. Realising something. Sonya.. Sonya- I need to find her! "Whohow! Calm down!" Scott says while squeezing my shoulder. I realise I jumped. "No- No, I have a sister!" I try to explain. Memories of her flooding in my mind. We met! And I didn't even know it! I didn't know she was my sister!

I sigh, another thing to do. "Change of plans?" Scott asks me. I sit down again. "No. The plan stays exactly the same. We find Tommy and than Minho." He looks surprised. "And your sister?" I huff. "Nevermind that." His eyes widen. "What? She is your sister! You should find her." "And than risk that she might not know me, no thanks shank." I look away, quitting this conversation.

He sigh and goes to sleep. The rest of the night everything stays quiet.

I wake everyone up the next morning. I yawn and rub in my eyes. "Morning sleeping beauty's." I say while smiling. I help Isaac stand up and I walk out of our hiding place. I look around to spot a berg in the air "SHIT SHIT SHIT!" I grab Isaac's hand and pull him under a fallen rock. Soon everyone else follows me.

But it was too late. The berg probably saw us, because it landed right in front of us. I grab my gun and point it at the berg. A few people step out and start walking towards us. I stand up and look at them, holding them at gunpoint. "What the hell do you want?" I spat at them.

A man who looks in his early thirty's steps forward. "You know what we want, Newton." I roll my eyes at the name. "I don't know where Tommy is!" I need to yell because of the distance between us. He steps closer to me. "Oh you do!" He answer. "Listen here you bloody shank, I don't know where he is. Put that in your klunk head or I am going to put a bullet through it." I snap back at him.

The others were now standing behind me, not really understanding what was going on. "You aren't going to shoot, Newton." That shank really knows how to get on my nerves. "I used a gun before, I'm not afraid to use it again."

"How do you think your dear 'Tommy' will react when he sees you? You think he is going to be happy because his 'best friend' is alive? Or is he going to blame you? That you are alive and Teresa isn't." The man continues.

I think a few seconds about that. "Yeah, maybe he is going to hate me. But that doesn't mean I am going to give him to you! I am not going to betray him, not like Teresa did!" The man stares at me, which is pretty creepy. "He did it once, maybe he isn't afraid to do it again." He copies my words.

I frown confused. "What do you mean, 'he did it once'?" A evil smile appears on his ugly face. Good he was going to be Ratman 2.0. "After you died, he offered himself to WICKED." My eyes widen. He did that?

Before he could reply a bomb behind the others exploded. I throw myself on the ground, my hands covering my face. I look behind after a few seconds to see if someone was hurt. I didn't really got time to look because they were shooting at us. I dodge the bullets and shoot back.

I only hit two people. I groan in frustration. God I hate WICKED. I feel a bullet of electricity hitting me. I groan and fall on the ground. Suddenly the Berg explodes and the only thing I see is fire and smoke.

I hear someone crawling too me. I want to look who it is, but my body feels like it's burning so I keep lying down. "Newt?" Isaac says while coughing. "I'm.. okay.." I manage to say. "No you are hit!" He says while crawling the last few feet to me.