XXV

Things settle down over the course of the next few days. And as far as Camila can tell, their routine has gone back to normal. Word had gotten around that Frangipane had been taken to the SHU, and a lot of people suspected it was Camila's doing that got her sent there. Part of Camila feels proud that they don't just assume it was Lauren getting revenge. It makes her feel like she's built a reputation. Like she doesn't have to rely on Lauren so much for protection anymore, which had been her lifeline since the beginning.

Currently, Camila and Lauren are walking a little too close together as they make their way to Sophia's salon for Lauren's appointment. Camila has a little extra skip in her step as she does so, excited for what's to come. When Lauren told Camila she wanted to do something big to commemorate the progress she's made, Camila would have never guessed that Lauren would say she wants to try something new with her hair. But, it means for Camila that she gets to collect on a little bet her and Dinah had made weeks ago.

Camila smirks as they enter the salon, spotting Dinah standing by the chair, sweeping hair off the floor from a previous appointment. Dinah starts a greeting that she doesn't finish when she spots the two, pausing in her movements and squinting at them both. Camila was pleasantly surprised when Lauren mentioned nothing of her desire to dye her hair to Dinah, because it meant that she could see the priceless look on her face when the two showed up.

When Sophia greets them casually, having known they were coming, Dinah glares, "Woah, wait. Why does Sophia know about this and I don't?"

Sophia pats the chair as she moves around to her dresser, where she keeps the dyes she mixes herself. Lauren wouldn't tell Camila what she'd had to get as payment, but Camila knows that dye can be hard to come by here. Sophia shakes her head at Dinah and lets out a little mm-mmm, "I don't think Lauren has to tell you about her hair appointments, Ms. Hansen."

Dinah looks at Lauren skeptically as she moves to take a seat, Camila pulling up a spare chair to sit beside her, "...What are you having done?"

"She asked me to trim an inch and dye her hair," Sophia sets her supplies out, including a pair of scissors and the materials she needs to mix the dye.

Dinah gasps, quickly looking to Camila, "No."

Camila's smirk grows, "Yes."

Dinah sets the broom aside and throws her hands up into the air in annoyance, "Ugh! Lauren! Your whipped ass just lost me ten dollars!"

Sophia laughs, coming up behind Lauren and fluffing up her hair. Lauren raises a brow at Camila, looking confused, "Did you guys bet on me?"

Camila chuckles and reaches forward, touching Lauren's leg rather affectionately. Under normal circumstances, Camila wouldn't be so openly gay around someone she doesn't know too well, especially in this place. A little flirting is fine, but there are a few women that wouldn't hesitate to turn them in if they caught them touching for even a second. Camila trusts Sophia, though. The woman has always been supportive. And Dinah has been their biggest supporter since day one. She makes sure Camila is aware of that fact constantly.

"Dinah made a comment that she would like to see you with lighter hair. I said you would look hot. Then, she got this evil look in her eyes and said she bet you wouldn't do it even if I asked," Camila explains.

Lauren glares over at Dinah, who looks a little embarrassed (Camila has to admit, it is hilarious. She rarely sees Dinah get embarrassed), "Well, now I have to do it simply out of spite." Dinah childishly mocks Lauren, poking her tongue out and repeating Lauren's tone but replacing all of her words with, "Blaah, blah blah blah bluh blah bluh blahh blah bluhhhhhh!"