Prologue

Two words. One name.

Brennan Lund.

The guy everyone wanted to be friends with. A seemingly very caring senior. The school's heartthrob. Chestnut colored hair always styled perfectly, and a dark green and hazel eye color, which is definitely unique. Then he had what was considered the utmost 'perfect' tan complexion.

But perfect was far from what he actually was. Around me at least.

My name is Milo Eriksson. I moved to a small town in Connecticut after living in Stockholm for sixteen years of my life. Been here in America for two years, and as soon as Brennan laid eyes on me, it seemed like he was determined to make my life, and only my life, a living hell.

To me it was still sort of a mystery as to why my mom and dad decided to pack everything up back in Sweden and leave. My dad told me we moved so we could take care of my Moms parents who weren't starting to do so well or whatever. I don't really enjoy talking to them in my free time, so I personally don't care.

I ran my hands through my light ashy blonde hair, taking in a deep breath and exhaling as I stood by my locker, trying to relieve just the smallest amount of stress. The end of year exams here were very tasking and all I wanted to do was graduate from fucking high school.

I put away a few unnecessary textbooks and grab other ones I needed for homework out of my locker. As I did that, the hallways quickly cleared as every single teenager was rushing to get home or to go over to a friends.

I see someone lean on his back against the lockers, fairly close to me. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who it is.

"What do you want now, Brennan?" I sigh. I'm not really in the mood to deal with his bullshit and stupidity again today.

He reaches his hand across my face and slams my locker shut. I roll my eyes.

All he's asking for is a reaction. Don't give it to him.

He moves around so that both of his hands are by my head, trapping me inside of him, my back against the locker. I gave him a bored expression.

"I believe you know what I want Milo." He leans in closer, I felt his breath fan over my face. His enticing green eyes baring into my gray ones.

"No actually, I don't. If you could care to explain what you would want from me like a normal human being, instead of trapping me against the lockers, would be fantastic." I tilt my head, obviously annoyed with him.

I see his jaw clench out of frustration. I feel the corner of my lips tug up into a tiny smirk. Knowing I could frustrate him always satisfied me.

"What the hell Brennan? Stop acting like a jerk to Milo."

I feel a sigh of relief as my friend Kimmy got in the way of Brennan, and pulled him away from me with a hard shove.

Kimmy was a 5'7" badass chick with thick dark brown hair always up in its natural state as an Afro style, chocolate skin, and dark brown eyes. Freckles littered her cheeks and honestly if I wasn't secretly gay to everyone except for her, I'd go out with her in a heartbeat.

Brennan glared at Kimmy, but it wasn't as harsh as the glares he usually gives me. "I was just simply asking him something." He gruffly says.

I scoff.

Kimmy gives me a side glance, before crossing her arms and looking back at Brennan. "Usually if you ask a person something, you don't trap them up against lockers looking ready to beat their ass."

I give a sly smile to Brennan, because we both knew Kimmy was right.

"What were you trying to ask him?" She taps her foot impatiently.