Chapter 25

"Milo!" I hear Kimmy call from the other room.

Today was date night, and I was currently getting ready and waiting for Brennan to pick me up. Thankfully, Kimmy is taking Zoe for the night.

"One moment!" I call back, my hands fumbling around with the stupid tie. It's genuinely starting to frustrate me.

I groan, slamming my hands down on the counter. Brennan was supposed to be here any minute now and the last thing I needed to do was tie on a tie. However, life just decided to go against me always.

"Need any help?"

Well fuck me.

"I got it. How hard can tying a tie possibly be?" I shrug, and Brennan just smirks.

I begin to struggle again, before he jumps in and swats my hands away. I pout, and he just chuckles, tying the light blue tie within a matter of seconds.

"There." He tells me softly as he adjusts it around my neck.

"You're not supposed to be in here. I was going to walk out and surprise you at the door with my stunning looks." I tease, and Brennan just laughs.

"This is a date, not a high school dance," Brennan playfully rolls his eyes. "Also you have Kimmy to thank for letting me in."

More like sock in the face I thought to myself.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just get going. And I swear to god if it's a cliche fancy restaurant I'm suing."

---

I looked around at all the fancy gold and silver decor as I walked in the fancy restaurant. I send a glare over to Brennan, and he gives me a sly smile in response.

"Really?" I tilt my head, trying to suppress my laugh.

"Hey, I had this date planned for like, ever. Just trust me with the food at this place." He takes my hand and plants a light kiss on the back of it in reassurance.

A waitress soon comes and leads us to a table to be seated, and that's when I notice what the food is. It all seems very middle eastern.

"Interesting taste." I look over my menu to Brennan, and he just gives me a nod, looking over the menu seriously.

"It's just the type of food I grew up with." He tells me, and I give him a surprised look.

"You're middle eastern?" I set down my menu and he gives a hesitant nod.

"My mom is. My dad is from Spain. I guess you can imagine what type of religious household it was."  The tone in Brennan's voice changed, and I can tell it wasn't really a good subject to press on.

"Well, then why don't you order me something that's good?" I fold up my menu and place it down in the middle of the table.

He makes eye contact with me, and I give him a smile.

---

Over the duration of the date night, I had made the executive decision to be an absolute tease.

"Want a piece of my cake?"

Brennan quickly puts down his glass of champagne, and tries not to cough it all up.

"I'm sorry, what?"

I held up the slice of chocolate cake I had just got. "Cake? Want some cake?" I gave him an innocent smile, but yet we both knew it wasn't so innocent as it led on to be.

"If it was a different type of cake, then yes, I would want it." He wink suggestively at me, and I continue to feign a clueless demeanor.

"Oh. So vanilla? Red velvet? Oh, how about tres leches?" I dig into my piece of chocolate cake and take a bite.