𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘖𝘕𝘌.✓

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

[REAL LIFE.]

Tom and Harper strolled back to the hotel, talking about college, movies, and every other topic under the sun.

Stepping out of the hotel elevator onto the 6th floor, the pair were discussing Endgame.

"Tommy, I haven't even gotten the chance to read the script while your blabber mouth ass gets to see it daily! Can't you just tell me about how everyone comes back?"

"Harp, you've worked the cameras on multiple scenes, how do you not know?"

Harper scowled at tom as she dug around her purse to pull out a room key. With a click, the door unlocked and harper stepped to hold it open.

"Ladies first," she gestured towards Tom standing in the doorway.

He rolled his eves and walked past her, flopping down on the bed.

"Hey, make sure not to mess up those sheets, i like when they stay tucked in," Harper stayed as she took off her Doc Martens.

Tom gave her a toothy grin.
"Miss Adler, are you hinting that tonight we're gonna mess up these sheets? Because if so, I'm in."

Harper scoffed and plopped down on the bed next to him.

"In your dreams Spider-Boy."

Tom got the laptop situated, all ready to watch Snape try and protect kids that he bullied against the werewolf-form of Remus Lupin when a harsh rapping noise sounded at the door.
Harper huffed and slid off the bed.

"Who could possibly want to bother me right now?"
Harper said as she looked back at Tom, who shrugged his shoulders.

She whipped open her door to see Robert, Chris, Anthony, Sebastian, Elizabeth and Mark all trying to peek their heads into the room
"What the fuck are you guys doing?" Harper seethed through her teeth.

Sebastian got closer, "Harp, we couldn't help it! we just wanted to see how the date was going. Oh, and someone wants to say hi." Sebastian held up his phone to Harper's face where a half asleep Frankie waved frantically.

"HARPER!! DID YOU GUYS FU—"

Sebastian clicked the end button with a sheepish smile. "Whoops."

Harper glared daggers at every adult standing in her doorway.

"I will talk to you nosy ass bitches later, especially you," Harper poked Sebastian in the chest.

The group protested as she closed the door, but not before Robert could screech, "DONT USE PROTECTION, I WANT GODKIDS!"

The door slammed and Harper mumbled curses as she plopped back next to Tom.
he looked at her with a small smile,

"Well, that sounded fun."
Harper rubbed her temples.

"Let's just watch a cinematic masterpiece and ignore that we work with toddlers."
Tom laughed and pressed play.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

A little under an hour later, Tom and Harper had ended up under the covers, watching the end credits, much to Tom's dismay.

"Hey, those people worked their asses off for the film, you have to read their names," Harper pushed her shoulder against Tom's.

"Fine, fine, fine. but only because I like you," Tom laughed and turned his head back to the screen.
Harper swallowed thickly. She couldn't tell if Tom was being serious or genuine, the tone of his voice too hard to analyze. She stared at him, trying to figure out for herself exactly what he was thinking. Tom turned to her, noticing her stony expression.

"Love, are you okay? You look like you're trying to burn me with laser eyes," Tom joked as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, no, yeah, um i'm all good. All good, yes." Harper sputtered, not knowing why her brain suddenly was making her mouth freak out.

Tom smiled at her. "You know you can talk to me about whatever is on your mind, right Harp? We're ...friends."

There was that word. That surprisingly ugly word. It made her stomach feel like the inside of a washing machine. She was honestly surprised that she was hurt by the looseness of his language, and wondered if their chemistry was all in her head but she reiterated his point.

"Yup, that. Listen, it's getting late, and we have a big day tomorrow. Lots of meetings, and I have to pre-plan how to get back at Sebastian so..."

Tom's face fell at that. he couldn't help but feel a change in Harper's energy, that she didn't want to be around him. Tom stood up and grabbed his coat.

"Yeah, yeah you're probably right."

Harper gave him a weak smile and got up, walking with him to her hotel door. Tom opened it slowly, but turned around to look at the woman before him.

Harper was unlike anyone he had ever met. She had an amazing personality, hilarious jokes, and was similar to him in both likes and dislikes. He felt like they were supposed to be something, but maybe he was wrong about her feelings. But he wasn't done yet; Tom wanted to show her exactly how much she meant to him.

"Thank you again for agreeing to come out with me tonight Harp, I had an amazing time", Tom smiled at her.
Harper felt her shoulders loosening a bit as Tom's eyes stared into her own.

"So did I. It was one of the best nights I've had in a while," Harper said while glancing down to her socked feet. She couldn't meet his eyes, or else she thought she might just cave and do something she would regret. But she felt Tom get closer to her, and felt his lips plant the faintest kiss on her right cheek. She looked back up at him with a loving grin.
he smiled in return.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning then, do you want coffee?" Harper chuckled at the politeness.

"Please and thank you, Major Tom."

He chuckled, faintly waved and closed the door behind him, leaving Harper standing with a grin wider than the Pacific Ocean somehow permanently etched on her face.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

there is a good chance that no one is reading this, especially because i haven't updated in about eight months, but junior year was crazy, and i went through a lot of shit. but with all the time on my hands because of quarantine, i thought that right now would be the perfect time to get back into writing, and i was right because it feels fucking good.
i hope all of you and your family are safe and inside, sending you all love <3