Chapter Fifteen

Ryan shrugged his backpack off his shoulders after a his day of school. It felt like an extra long day for some reason. He'd ignored both Maurice and Raquelle when they asked why he was so bummed out.

Ryan went straight for his bedroom. He went through his desk drawer to get his notebook. He found and glanced over the page about his secret plan to steal Barbie from Ken. He flipped three more pages and found a different list labeled "Hottest People I Know".

===========================
HOTTEST PEOPLE I KNOW
1.Me duh
2. Barbie
3. Ken
4. Tom Holland
5. Zendaya
6. My sister duh she looks like me
7. Clark Kent but not Superman
8. Daddy Pig
===========================

Ryan skimmed the page and glared at third place. He took out his favorite blue gel pen and scribbled out Ken's and Barbie's names. He rewrote Barbie in third place and Ken in second.

Ryan sighed as he leaned back on his bed. He was extremely confident in himself and liked to admire pretty people like himself. Ken's good-lookingness was undeniable.

"It's not like I'll ever act on it," he mumbled under his breath.

He rolled over in his bed, and flipped through his journal. He slowly fell asleep, drooling on his notebook pages.

***

Ken was laughing beside him. He was carelessly giggling at the blue and pink cotton candy in his hands. Ryan reached out to him to snatch a piece of the blue fluff.

Ken offered him a piece before quickly snatching it away. Ryan fell in his arms, and they both fell back in the grass laughing. They just laughed their hearts out. Then the grass faded, revealing a comfortable bed with gray covers.

Ryan never took his eyes off Ken. Ken looked over at him as they caught their breath from the violent laughter. They both were panting softly. Ken slowly leaned in to close the distance between them.

He climbed over Ryan as his breath fanned Ryan's face. Ryan remained still as his face flushed a deep cherry color. Ken's fingers slowly tucked his hair behind his ear. He started to move even closer until his lips finally touched Ryan's. Ryan felt a shiver down his body before he pulled away and forced his eyes open.

***

He sat up straight in his bed. "Shit. A fucking dream about him." He smacked his own head in disbelief. "Really, Ryan?"

Ryan heard light footsteps coming up the stairs so he looked at over at the digital clock on his desk. It was 5 o'clock in the morning. Ryan groaned as he made his way to his bedroom door.

It was too early to be awake, but it was way too late for him to try and force his body back to sleep. He grumbled about how Ken was still the bane of his existence and even when he wasn't there, he was causing problems.

He opened his door just enough to see the person who was walking down the stairs. He squinted in the dark at a tall figure.

It definitely wasn't his sister. Ryan could tell he was wearing a navy blue jacket and white jeans. Ryan scrunched his nose at the choice of color.

Ryan continued to stand and watch the figure creep down the stairs. Ryan stood there with a blank look on his face before he eventually closed the door.

He slid to the floor and dropped his face in his hands. He sat there for a while before crawling back into his bed.  "First Ken sneaking in my dreams. Now this random guy sneaking in my house." Ryan slipped under the covers. "And I'm too scared to do anything I about either," he whispered to himself as he laid back in his bed staring at the ceiling.

After a few blinks, it was finally 7. Ryan started to get ready for school, now even more tired than he was at 5 AM.

When he finally dragged himself to school, he was met with the same daunting pressure he felt everyday. He knew he was a handsome son of a bitch, but sometimes he just wanted to a little less handsome and fade in the background.

He drew in a deep breath before putting some pep in his step. He raised his chin and straightened his shoulders. He walked down the hall to greeted his acquaintances. He turned on his big fake smile and kept it pushing.

When he finally made it to his locker, Ken was standing there with that trademark frown he always gave Ryan.

He threw a side comment to Ken, "Would it kill you to look a little less...um I don't know... dead, terrifying, violent."

Ken shoved his hands in his jacket pockets. "It's a real shame no one asked for your opinion."

He leaned his head back on the locker beside Ryan's and glared at him. Ryan stuck his head deeper in his locker to hide his flushed cheeks. He usually stood there until the bell rang.

Ryan just continued to act like he was looking for things in his locker, hoping Ken would take a hint and leave.

But nope. Ken stood there in silence the whole time, until the bell rang.

They walked in the same direction still in silence until they made it to Ryan's first period. Before he walked in, Ken laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Cheer up. I'm should be the only depressed one in this operation." He gave Ryan a pat on the shoulder before slipping away.

Ryan smiled at the semi-comforting statement. Maybe he wouldn't have to wear a fake smile all day long. A genuine one was popping up right as he  took his seat.

"I hate him." Ryan spoke through his gritted smile before taking out his pens and notebook.

-
[Vote:Comment:Share]