Chapter Twenty-Two

It was Monday again. A whole weekend had passed since Ken and Barbie had so abruptly officially broken up. Rumors and gossip was spread everywhere and all over social media.

Ryan could basically hear the hum of curiosity as he walked down the halls.

"Some people say Barbie threw herself at Ken. Like full-on slut."

"Don't call girls sluts bro that's disrespectful."

"Right sorry. But I heard that after Ken got so overwhelmed that he just punched her and ran."

"Yeah but don't believe everything you hear. I mean Barbie? Throwing her self at Ken?"

The kid elbowed his friend as they spoke togetherness unison, "Yeah never could've happened."

Ryan shook his head at the imbeciles. They believed whatever they heard. Ryan knew Ken and Barbie had to still be together. Ken was so in love with Barbie, so even if they did break up they be back together soon.

Ryan tried to keep his head down as he walked to his locker. He rounded the corner and the chatter in the halls got louder. Barbie had arrived.

She looked a little different. She was dressed in a cropped black leather jacket over a simple pastel pink mini dress. Randy was on her arm in his classic dress shirt and jeans.

Her face was as flawless as usual. "I guess that out-rules abuse." Ryan mumbled under his breath as he caught in the crowd.

Barbie and Randy (also known as Rarbie) strutted down the hall catching everyone's attention. Barbie kept Randy pulled close as her minions created a makeshift circle around her. Even when Barbie wasn't looking as perfect as usual, she was untouchable.

Ryan pushed through the students and made his way to his locker. There he saw Ken leaning against the locker beside his.

He was running his hands through his blond hair with a slightly stressed look on his face. Ryan immediately turned on his foot and dashed. A full-on illegal u-turn in the middle of the hallway.

He speed walked down the hall trying to find a quick escape. Ryan knew he wouldn't be able to handle being a part of the round two of Operation: Get Barbie Back.

He was tired of losing to Barbie, and he definitely didn't want to end up dry and salty like his sister.

What he didn't know was that Ken was right on his heels. He had almost made it to the corner before he was pulled back by his backpack and pushed into an empty classroom.

Ken planted each of his hands on either side of the wall behind Ryan as he released a deep sigh. Ryan glanced up at his smirking face before quickly focusing on his shoes.

(Quick question: What kind of shoes do you think Ryan would wear??)

"Caught you." Ken chuckled as he let his hands fall to Ryan's shoulders.

Ryan met Ken's eyes with his own sad ones. "Unhand me you fiend...please."

Ken gave him a small sad smile and let out a small laugh again, "Bro I understand that our mission didn't last long or go as planned but I thought we were becoming more than that. Maybe sort of friends. Man, we even ate Wendy's."

Ryan cocked his head to the side z little, "Did we though? I vividly remember having to leave my meal on the table."

Ken let out a small cough before moving his hands from around Ryan. He moved to lean against the wall beside him. "Ok let's just forget that part, ok? We had fun, right?"

"No, I'm suddenly remembering my designer shirt being ruing because on random ice cubes being thrown at me."

Ken all but snapped his neck to stare at Ryan, "Wait that white t-shirt with the like three dots was designer."

"Yeah," Ryan replied like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"What the fuck?" And at this moment Ken was reminded of how annoying rich people could be.

(A/n): ok that was not a long break at all lmaoo. I popped those nails off ASAP sorry. Anyways we're nearing the part of story where all I can stuff in all my favorite scenes that I've been waiting for. Comment please I swear I read every single one.