Chapter Thirty-One

Days and days passed once again, and Ryan was getting more and more frustrated.

Even dumbass Ken started to notice.

It all started with Ryan dropping off Ken like usual. They both had a ton of homework, so they agreed to just go home and crash instead of trying to hang out after school.

Eventually, they screeched to a halt in front of the house. Ken fixed his backpack on his back and reached for the door

Tough for Ken, he was dramatically stopped by a loud sigh coming for the driver's seat. Ryan leaned on the steering wheel and banged his head against it a couple times for good measure.

Ken just raised a eyebrow and leaned back into his seat. Ryan slowly gave up on trying to bash his brains in with the wheel and spoke, "C- can I come in?"

Ken looked back at Ryan confused. He wanted to come in the house. Ken had no clue what Ryan was about to say, but to say the least he wasn't expecting this.

He played with the straps of his backpack and looked out the window staring at his house.

Whyyyyyyyyy? Why does he want to come in my houseeeeeeee? I'm tired.

Sadly, Ken could not come up with an excuse as to why he didn't want his "best friend" to come in, so he just nodded and slowly opened to car door.

Ryan grinned as he yanked his keys out and grabbed his own backpack.

Ken dragged himself over to the door and tiredly spoke to Ryan as he unlocked it. "Don't expect much, rich boy. I've seen your house. I hope your not the type to think everyone has it as good as you cause I got it good...but not that whole mansion thing."

Ken trailed on as he led Ryan in the house. There really wasn't much to show, so he quickly grabbed Ryan's hand and pulled him toward the basement.

Ken all but yanked Ryan down the stairs as he introduced him to his favorite part of the house.

"Welcome to my crib," he lamely exclaimed with his arms thrown up.

Ryan stood in awe. Unsurprising, Ryan's bedroom was about the size of the basement. But he was amazed at how much personality the room showed.

Posters and pictures covered the wall. A lot of rolls of blueprints laid astray on the floor, and there were random empty water bottles everywhere. It was actually pretty messy.

Ken crashed on his bed as Ryan looked around. "The basement is kind of my entire life. I don't really go up there much." He nodded towards the door that led to the rest of the house.

Ryan nodded along to his words as his fingers traced the posters on the walls. "What the— is this Reid from Criminal Minds?" He stifled a laugh.

Ken rolled his eyes when Ryan looked over at him with inquiring eyes.

When he was lying on his Minecraft bedsheets, there was no talking, just chilling. He smiled softly and ignored the comment, shifting in his bed.

Once Ryan was done trying not to laugh at all the weird things Ken had posters of, he walked over to the bed.

He awkwardly stood there, just staring at Ken.

Ryan yelped as a hand wrapped around his wrist and yanked him down to the bed. "Don't just stand there and stare at me, ya weirdo."

"I wasn't staring at you." Ryan huffed in pretend annoyance as he started to get comfortable.

Ken just nodded dismissively, "Yeah, sure whatever."

(A/n): see this rn is do or die time so yayyyy with me yayyy!!!Also steam stay gold lmaooo. K bye.