The Phantom Son

Off in the distance in the dark blue night sky, the sun prepares to rise as the orange glow slowly fades over the dark navy color of the night. In the shadows, a group of animals, mainly consisting of Lions and Hyenas were sneaking through the early morning. They were lead by an adolescent cheetah, whom lead the animals through the snow. 

However a young male cub, with a dark brown fur coat resembling his father, has caught eye of the figures moving towards the Tree of Life. The cub stands up, and begins to run back to warn his sisters and the king on the incoming attack. 

Two lioness cubs with a lighter fur coat that resembled their mother were sitting within the tree of life as they listened to the king give them vital information. Their names were Asha and Leah. Both cubs listened carefully as they were trying to get as much information as possible from King Baylio, and Queen Zuri of The Tree of Life. 

Two weeks prior to this, the 3 cubs snuck to the tree of life after learning that the leaders of The Tree of Life needed to send a message. The cubs wanted to prove their worth as heirs of the Pridelands, so they snuck off behind their parents backs and ventured out to the Tree of Life in order to retrieve the message. Although Koda was more reluctant to run off to another kingdom behind his parents backs, his two sisters convinced him otherwise. "-They are ruthless and won't stop until their task was completed," explained Zuri.

"This is bad," said Asha

"Which is why you need to warn the pridelands," warned Baylio

"what else can you tell us," asked Leah

"The one who leads this army is a cheetah cub, but don't underestimate him, he is ruthless. He is the Supreme Leader's second in command. But unfortunately we don't know who the Supreme Leader is."

"GUYS, We should go, NOW," said Koda running into the Tree of Life.

"What's going on."

"The army, I saw them making their way towards the Mountain Pass." Baliyo turned his head and looked at Asha and Leah," you have to leave." 

"You have to hide," said Leah

Baylio quickly alerted the Night Pride of the incoming threat, and ordered them to relocate the animals to a more safe location. Since Koda managed to warn them in time, most of the animals were evacuated. 

Meanwhile at the mountain pass, the large group of animals, with a Cheetah cub leading them, walked through the snowy Mountain Pass. A sinister smile formed on the cub's face as he looked over the kingdom. He ordered his army to attack, and they obeyed without a second thought. 

That was when the chaos started, there was destruction and flames started to ignite. In the middle of the chaos, the cheetah walked through, taking enjoyment from the blazing destruction that was being inflicted apoun the Tree of Life. The cub had the looks of his father, and the strength of his mother, which made him a formidable opponent on the battlefield.

"You need to leave now," shouted Baylio as he guided the three cubs out of the Tree of Life. "What about you," said Asha.

"That doesn't matter, you need to warn the Pridelands before it is too late," Zuri pleaded.

The triplet cubs began to run through the chaos and snuck up to the edge of the mountain pass. However out of curiosity, they turned around and saw the cheetah walk up to the King and Queen of the Tree of Life."Baylio, Zuri, it's been a while," he said in a sarcastic tone.

"what are you doing here Ben," asked Baylio

"I wanted to pay a visit, after all you were good friends of my parents. Also I want control over you kingdom."

"ARE YOU INSANE," shouted Zuri, who was infuriated. In response to Zuri's outburst, two of Ben's escorts got in defensive positions, ready to strike if the Queen tried to do anything.

"Let me make this clear. Either you refuse, and innocents die and I still gain control, or you give me the kingdom, and no one gets hurt."

Baylio had to think of his decision from a logical standpoint. As of now the only logical reason is to give Ben the Kingdom to protect the citizens and his wife, at least this option would cause less destruction ,"........ go ahead, the kingdom is yours."

A smirk grew on ben's face when he hear Baliyo's response ,"thank you."

"Baylio are you crazy," said Zuri to her mate. "I'm sorry but this is the only option we have. I cant let anyone get hurt," Baliyo responded.

"Take them, and the Night Pride as prisoners," Ben ordered to his troops. Baylio and Zuri complied and followed the troops as they escorted the King and Queen. Ben smiled to himself as he looked around. The Kingdom, it was all his.

The sun glowed in the yellow-orangish morning sky, as it illuminated over a field. The field was fairly simple and was nothing out of the ordinary, it just had a grass field, a watering hole, and some trees scattered throughout the area. The animals that lived in this place lived in accordance to the circle of life, and along with it, a tan colored lioness, who got up for the day. 

She opened her teal eyes and looked out of her den. She stood up on her paws, and stretched before walking out of her den. She felt the morning breeze blow against her fur as she walked up to a small watering hole. She walked up to the body of water and bent her head down, and took a small drink of water. 

A sigh escaped her mouth, the memory of him, the love of her life, returned in her head. Even thought her feelings for him felt unnatural, at the same time, it felt like it was meant to be. But ever since he left her, she managed to readjust to being alone. 

She then heard a few voices off in the distance. She ran over towards the rapids, wondering where the noise was coming from. She looked saw 2 cubs, close to her age, on the other side of the rapids, freaking out, she then looked in the river and saw a dark brown male cub.

She rolled her eyes to herself, thinking about how they appeared to not be very bright when it comes survival. She jumped in the river, and swam up to the cub as she called out to him ,"GIVE ME YOUR PAW," she shouted. The cub reached out and gave her his paw, and she grabbed on to him. Once she grabbed onto him, she used all the strength she had, and swam him to shore. "Thanks, for saving me," said the cub ,"I'm Koda, what's yours?"

" If you must know, I'm Ava," the lioness said.

"These are my sisters, Asha and Leah," Koda pointed towards the two lioness cubs that just found a way to safely cross the river.

"Thanks for saving him," said Leah

"Wo what were you guys doing around here anyways."

"We have to get back to the Pridelands to warn everyone," said Asha

"About what,"

"There is this growing threat, an army, the most ruthless group of animals anyone can imagine. They already conquered the Tree of Life, the Mountain Kingdom, and Jungle Kingdom, and they won't stop until they take control of everything," explained Koda

"Can you help us get back to the pridelands,"asked Leah

"I heard about the pridelands, but I have never went there".

"Do you at least know how to get there."

"I do, but why should I help you"

"Because, everything you know, everything you care about, family, friends, they will be gone if they take over," said Koda. Ava angrily narrowed her eyes at Koda ,"I have no family....or friends." The tan lioness cub turned around, and made her way back home.

And this is the first chapter of the final book of this universe. I don't own Koda, Asha, and Leah (read the description). I have worked on this book since February I think, but still, I hope you enjoy this. Please share this story and don't forget to vote.