Preface

-----
Preface
-----

Staying here at the bar makes me lesser stressed. A lot of problems with the cafe, postponed hikes, and financial problems. Tsk. I've been staying here for almost two hours.

"Kirch, the one and only" someone spokes up. One of the bartenders, Ron. "Here, drink this to lessen your annoyance" he smiled at me and hand me a vodka.

"I don't have money left to pay for this" my money is just enough for a couple of glass.

"It's free" because of what he said, i immediately drank the vodka.

Feels good..

"Thanks" I thanked and pinned my sight to the band who's performing tonight.

He spoke up again. "Tonight will be their first time to play here" he said while leaning towards the bar island. "Who?" I asked.

"Them," he pointed out to the band.

They are three men's and a girl at the middle of the stage, holding a guitar. "The first session is starting, go ahead and go in front. They're all amazing when it comes to getting the attention of the audience.." he said and left me.

I hissed and look at the stage. They are not starting yet but the girl caught already my attention. She's beautiful. Just like what Ron said, I should go front row to watch.

When I reach the front row, the crowd went wild because the girl strummed her guitar. As the drummer makes a loud sound. The electric guitar almost break my ear drums.

My sight just stuck on the girl, most of when she spoke up.

"Come thru by Jeremy Zucker!" the crowd went wilder than seconds ago.

Then she started singing, they remake the song, they turned it rock.

"I might lose my mind. Waking up when the sun's down. Riding all these highs. Waiting for a comedown. Walk these streets with me I'm doing decently. Just glad that I can breathe, yeah!" she sang as she shakes her head. "Come on people!"

"Go, go, go!"

"I'm trying to realize. It's alright to not be fine on your own!" she sang. I like her voice, the slang of her smile and a joy in her eyes. "Now I'm shaking, drinking all this coffee! Yeah! These last few weeks have been exhausting! I'm lost in my imagination!" she walk at the side of the stage. "And there's one thing that I need from you!" she looked at one of the guys that watching her. "Can you come.. Through! Ohh, ohh, ohh!"

The crowd also sang, I also join the wave. "Through, Through, yeah! Yeah!"

She smiled and continue singing while stomping her feet. "And there's one thing that I need from you! Can you come through! Ohh, ohh, ohh! Yeah, yeah, yeah!" she let her guitar down and held the microphone. "Ain't got much to do! Too old for my hometown! Went to bed at noon. Couldn't put my phone down. Scrolling patiently. It's all the same to me. Just faces on the screen, yeah!"

"Everybody let's get together sing along!" the drummer shouted.

"I'm trying to realize. It's alright to not be fine on your own" she steps back. "Now I'm shaking, drinking all this coffee." she smiled and became soft. The song went back where it used to be. "These last few weeks have been exhausting. I'm lost in my imagination. And there's one thing that I need from you.."

Our eyes met.

"Can you come through, ohh, ohh, ohh.."

I would never.. Ever..

"Forget her" I smiled as I say that.

~✒️🌙~