06

- 6 - 

The twins walked either side of me, cracking jokes to each other as we walked but I chose to stay silent, instead just twirling a strand of my hair around my fingers - however, offering smiles and laughs when necessary. In all honesty, I worried that my friends would think I ditched them to hang out with the twins. Or that their joking suspicions were true, and that I was legitimately replacing them. The three of us entered the three broomsticks and I let my gaze shift around the room, before finally locating my friends in a booth in the back corner of the pub.

"Hey guys, I'm so sorry. I got a little distracted" I smiled sheepishly as I approached the table, "Oh and I ran into these two on my way back here, so they decided to join us for lunch if that's alright?" Now in no way do I think my friends would be unwelcoming and exclusive, but I was utterly surprised when they all accepted the boys, no questions asked.

"You're more than welcome, you may need to add an extra chair or two though. These booths aren't exactly made for nine people." Kelby reasoned, sliding around to make as much room as possible for us all to fit, the others following suit. In the end, George ended up pulling up a spare chair, as eight of us were able to fit mostly comfortably but nine left no wrong to actually move your own arms in order to eat.

Our large group seemed to be the main source of noise and I am beginning to wonder how we haven't been kicked out yet, however every now and then I could see Madam Rosmerta glare aimed in our direction. I swear I saw her visibly sigh in relief when Fred and George excused themselves to chat with their brother, Ron when they saw him walking past with Hermione Granger.

"Okay, spill." As soon as they were out of earshot the questions from my friends began. Jamie, who hadn't be involved in the other jokes began, having obviously been told about the few occurrences by Tommy or possibly even Eli. "What's going on with you and the Weasley twins?"

"Whatever do you mean dear Jamie?" I attempted to act innocent but to no avail, they continued to stare at me, and obviously, they wouldn't leave me alone until I answered. "Seriously, nothing is going on. Like at all. I ran into them on the way back here and we talked briefly, I mentioned meeting you here and because I don't want to be rude, I invited them to join us." They all still looked at me skeptically, "Seriously, we're hardly friends. I wouldn't like, go out of my what to find them. But hey, if they're around, chatting with them isn't too bad."

"Lora, this is like the fourth time you've hung out with them" Cedric started, grabbing my arm and pulling it down from where it had reached up to twist my hair around a few fingers, "You're definitely friends."

"And there's nothing wrong with that by the way, as much as we joke, you're allowed to have other friends." Tommy had somehow managed to read my mind. "We don't own you."