08

- 8 -

The Hufflepuff Quidditch team walks solemnly back to the castle as a group, the Ravenclaws ahead of them cheering from their win. We were off today, not one person could be blamed for the faults in their game today. Every person had played terribly, resulting in the Ravenclaws flattening them.

"So Elora, I know what would cheer you up." I groaned, immediately knowing what Anthony was about to say. "Going to Hogsmeade with me" I could sense the stupid grin he had on his face, it was the same one he had every time he asked. Ever since the game against Gryffindor, he had been pestering me to go out with him and I have said no every time yet he still persists.

"You're not gonna stop until I agree are you?" I stop and sigh, waving to Cedric to continue without me. Facing me he grins, shaking his head. I think about saying yes, I mean how bad could it be? I go on this stupid date with him, reject all his advances, and then never have to do it ever again. "I'll think about it alright, just stop asking or I won't say yes."

"Alright no more asking, as long as you say yes." I go to speak, but he cuts me off by kissing my cheek and running off.

"That wasn't a yes!" I shout after him

"It wasn't a no either!" He turns back towards me, sending me his signature smirk and wink before running off again. I feel the corner of my lips turning into a smile, blimey boys are stupid.

I sat with my roommates later that night, the five of us crammed onto Jamie and I's beds. It was the first night in a while where all five of us were actually in the dorm at the same time. Usually, Jamie sneaks out Tommy's bed, or Eleanor to whichever guys bed she's seeing at that point in time (She's dating some Ravenclaw currently, so it made it harder to spend the night), or one of the girls would fall asleep by the fire. They never seemed to be in the same place at the same time.

"Okay, girls I have a dilemma." Before I can even tell them what it is they start squealing. Most of the time I talk to the guys about my issues, but it seemed weird to talk about this sort of dilemma with them. I can feel my face going red as I try to shush the girls. "Can I tell it to you before you all start freaking the hell out?" They all respond with similar sheepish looks and quick apologies. "Alright, so Anthony asked me out again and I didn't say yes, but I didn't say no either."

"Ooo girl, he finally wore you down!" Eleanor started, "Just say yes! He's hot, you're hot - It's a match made in heaven."

"Woah Nori, what about his reputation. He's not exactly known for his long term relationships." Jamie reasoned, acknowledging the reasons I was against it in the first place. I go to agree with Jamie but Trisha cuts me off.

"If you think about it, nobody is until they meet the right person." As odd as it sounded I guess Trish was right. She had a way of making weird things sound possible.