11

- 11 -

- 11 -

A school owl dropped a letter in my lap Saturday morning at breakfast. I caught it moments before it could land in my cereal.

*

Miss Cram,

If possible, would you be able to come

visit me in my office today. There are some things I would like to discuss. I understand it is a Hogsmeade weekend and completely

understand if you'd prefer to spend the day

with your friends.

If I don't see you today then enjoy your

weekend, and I'll be in contact soon to

organize a better suited time.

R.J.Lupin

*

My eyebrows furrowed, Professor Lupin and I have hardly spoken outside of class yet now here he was wanting to speak to me in private. The boys and I had intended to go shopping today but I guess I could just send Cedric with a list...

"What are you thinking about?" Dillion questioned, looking at me from across the table.

"Professor Lupin wants to see me. Apparently there's something we need to 'discuss'. I guess I can't join you all in Hogsmeade today." I shrugged my shoulders before turning my head to Cedric, "Are you able to buy me some new gloves, and broom polish?" He nods his head absentmindedly, and I pass enough money to pay for my items before returning to my breakfast.

The door to Professor Lupin's office was open when I arrived, knocking softly on the door frame I made myself known to him.

"Goodmorning Professor, you wanted to see me." He glanced up at me from where he sat on his desk. Glancing back down at the parchment in front of him he incoherently muttered a phrase before smiling back at me.

"Good morning Miss Cram, come take a seat." He motioned towards the chair opposite his desk and I slowly obliged. "I can tell you wondering why I've asked you here today." I nodded my head, still unsure. "Well, I've recently been made aware of your ancestry, as well as the fact you have also been made aware of it."

"Sir, if you're worried I'm anything like Sirius Black then your very mistaken." I begin, how is it I can go unnoticed most of my Hogwarts life but as soon as my relation to Sirius Black is made public I'm suddenly getting pulled into random professors' offices to "discuss" things? "And anyway, with all due respect Professor of all teachers that should be speaking to me about this, shouldn't it be the head of my house?"