Chapter 4. Showtime

It was around mid afternoon and I was leaning against my cheap car waiting for the others to arrive, checking over my bag for the millionth time to see I have everything, also to rattle away the thoughts of what happened yesterday with Mr. Ross, I saw Alex's much nicer car pull up and him get out waving, I walk over greeting him and hugging him

"Nice to see you again Anthony, looking forward to this? To seeing your boogeyman" he tries to act serious before laughing, I join him in a semi realistic chuckle knowing I still had that horrible gut feeling.

"Yeah yeah, well even if there isn't anything here it's still good to meet up with you again" I replied and he nodded with a smile before turning with me to see Jays car pull up and him get out, he walks over and stands seemingly looking more prepared than both me and Alex combined.

"Hello ladies, nice to meet you both, have you seen two men around here, one of them quaking in his boots" ouch, I felt that one as I punched his arm making him laugh with Alex, I rolled my eyes walking toward the wood and looking back at them "you two ready?" I ask and they both look at each other nodding, we begin to track into the woods of Indiana, looking around as the sunlight barely broke through the trees above us, stood like giants with shields. We look forward coming across a peculiar looking rock formation taking photos and video as we took turns and narrowly avoided the sharp sting of thorn bushes gashing holes into our trousers.

Weirdly, afternoon turned to night alot quicker than imagined and we set up camp in a burrow we found, not inhabited luckily, we set up a fire just outside it and sat around telling stories of our youths and how we grew up, we heard what sounded like news updates and radio stations just west of us, we looked at each other just presumed we hadn't ventured that far into the woods. We put out the fire and went to bed in our sleeping bags and tents, ready for the next day of adventure into these dark mysterious woods.