Chapter 6. The Attack.

I woke up holding head unable to remember last night, looking over and seeing Alex packing the camp up.

"Morning, you must've passed out due to the cold last night, come on, get ready we need to find Jay" he tossed me some clothes and I got changed packing up what's left and following him out of where we stayed

Walking through the woods again at morning felt better and we started to feel full again and hydrated, unsure what happened with how we felt yesterday, we came across a ditch with a huge snapped log in it, staring slightly before going back to following Alex, he turned to me

"What if Jay went to the telephone pole, trying to call someone?" He whispered to me before looking almost certain of his idea, like it was his last hope. I simply nodded and followed him as we walked toward the radio noises we've heard days prior.

What we were about to witness still haunts me at night.

We got to the location of the radio noises and saw what would be described as a serial killer art project. Jay was ripped apart lying on the floor, blood covering the dirt around him, intestines and guts leaking out of his grey carcass, Alex looked away and threw up immediately I stared in shock and tears, my heart now out of my chest and cowering in my throat.

I stepped forward, Jays eyes were white and empty, I looked away as I closed them and saw other parts of him scattered throughout the area. The nightmare wasn't over I looked up and there it stood, the creature I hoped not to see.

It's legs were long and slim, his waist small and crushed, his chest wide and rotted, and his arms reaching the length of his legs, attached to them were claws sharp enough to rip anything apart, above it, for a head, were two horns, vertical facing mouths in each one, covered in what I would imagine to be Jays blood. Making radio and static noises every time the mouths open, I grip my flashlight and grab Alex running away from the creature that stood before me, haunting my sight was it's rotten flesh attached to the wiring and cold metal of its neck and chest. Alex was screaming as we stopped In the burrow from the first night, we panted and looked up

Night. Again.

Surely we couldn't have been running for hours, the doubt was quickly throw out for fear as Alex looked at me, I tried to calm him down as I panted through my sentences, halfway cut off by Alex gasping for air, blood splattering across my face and my body stilling.

Looking down I see two sharp claws, impaled through Alex's body and his eyes quickly emptying of all emotion, he's lifted by the monster stood before me and I had to hold my gut, as he filled his, biting into Alex's neck, ripping it off the bone as I see every muscle and piece of flesh stretch and snap like red cheese on a pizza. The body in the creatures hand goes lifeless and limp as it's dropped to the floor.

I run.

As fast as I can to the fence climbing ever cutting myself and leaving blood on it, Alex's blood still across my face as I get in the car and drive back to my apartment, no seeing Mr Ross' apartment boarded up I get into mine and start crying balled up in the corner. Two weeks later I hold a pen above a book, writing this story for you to read. I can't sleep, I can't think and I can't take anymore, this is my final words as I'm about to venture back into the forest I wanted to escape from. Looking to join my friends once again.

To my family, I love you. Goodbye.