Chapter 5. Scarred for life.

We awoke the next morning and immediately started packing up, not even thinking about breakfast we were that eager to venture forward, Alex threw us some breakfast bars to have on our walk so we seemed pretty much sorted from then on, until we weren't, an hour or two later we felt starved, like we hadn't eaten in days, in a fast pace, we grabbed some food out our bags and stuffed them down in a flash, feeling better we felt the same starved state 20 minutes later, same happened 20 minutes after that only this time thirsty and deprived of sun, we drank and sat resting for a week listening to the news station we could still hear just Infront of us.

Jay pricked up quickly pointing to the trees ahead of us exclaiming "did you see that?! That thing that just zoomed past" he sounded panicked but me and Alex didn't believe him

"Jay is this another trick? Are you getting us again here" I asked him jokingly but his gaze didn't break his point, instead of replying he just stood up

"I'll go check it out myself then." He sounded bitter and angry at us despite doing nothing wrong. He walked off toward the direction he was pointing and me and Alex looked at each other deciding to follow after.

We walked after Jay but we quickly lost sight of him, looking around desperately but still unable to track him down, we sigh and look up and again it was night, I looked at Alex I'm confusion "it was day a minute ago I swear it was day" Alex nodded before we set up camp determined to go and look for Jay in the morning. I told Alex we'd take it in turns to stand guard and that I'd go first. Why? Well I still have no clue to this day.

Whilst on guard with Alex asleep in the tent behind me I heard a snap, a twig breaking in the dark and my eyes widened as it sounded close. I got up and slowly edged toward it only standing in show as it wasn't a stick, it was a hole log, broken in half and in a huge weirdly shaped ditch, what could've done this, there was no large wildlife located in these woods... My gut feeling from before grew and grew so I rushed back to camp and woke Alex telling him it was his turn he nodded and walked toward the spot I was sat, I curled up in the bag and whispered out

"Alex? Do you and Jay know a Benjamin Ross by any chance?" My heart pounding in my chest hoping he said yes and confessed to playing me around with what happened two days ago outside the shop.

"No, we don't why?" He came out with and that was it, I fell into a silence and closed my eyes trying to sleep but unable, I gulped and steadied my breathing before passing out.