𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 | 𝟷/𝟷

[photo: josh and jschlatt in the lunch club try not to laugh video (around 1:09) also seen in the full length stream | wc: 1108 | note: I wanted to comment on current events really quickly. I know that some of you may feel it is not my place, as I have been debating saying this for a while myself, but I feel like it's important to use the platform I have, no matter how small. So as to not say anything incorrectly, I'll say it in the way most comfortable for me, sorry for any inconvenience!: Il y a eu beaucoup d'agitation dans le monde récemment et je veux juste être clair avec mon soutien total pour Black Lives Matter et le démantèlement du racisme systémique. La communauté noire est patiente depuis si longtemps et il est grand temps que nous apportions les changements nécessaires. Je veux encourager tout le monde à faire tout ce qu'il peut (sans se mettre en danger ni mettre en danger les autres) pour aider. Signez des pétitions, appelez, envoyez des e-mails... Le monde a besoin de vous. Et, comme ils scandaient dans les rues de Paris: « sans justice vous n'aurez jamais la paix! » Et pour tous mes lecteurs Américains, nous sommes à vos côtés pendant cette période difficile! Votre combat est aussi le nôtre. Justice pour Adama et justice pour tous les autres, pour toujours. Merci d'avoir lu ceci, rester en sécurité et rester fort. | request: from anonymous "Can you do one where the reader is Josh's friend and they're both really into history and the reader has a specific interest in Russian history so when they're talking or debating one time Schlatt overhears and joins in? Like maybe it's the first time they've met and he's already fallen for her?"]

"Josh," you called out, drawing out the vowel.

"Yeah?" He took a seat across from you at the table, sliding his phone into his pocket as he did.

"You know how there's that new Minecraft server where people play as countries?" You fidgeted with the pencil in your hand.

"Yeah, of course," he shrugged, "Why?"

"I was wondering if I could stream on it?" While it was a request, your hesitation and the slight raise of your voice indicated that it was more of a question.

"I'm sure I could get you on it. That'd be a lot of fun, actually," he concluded, thinking about it further.

The both of you had been friends since you were young children and had grown the same affinity for world history. The server wasn't out yet, but talks had emerged following the end of SMP Live, and you knew Josh was very interested.

"You're playing as Germany, I take it?" You chuckle, knowing his preference for German history.

"Yeah," he rubbed his neck guiltily, knowing that he was growing predictable in his strategy, but turned it on you, "And you would play as Russia?"

"Hell yeah," you grin, twirling the pencil absentmindedly between your fingers.

"Germany is definitely going to be better than Russia," he touted, pridefully, "I mean, assuming it's true to real life."

A man who had only recently entered the room, and had been observing silently until this moment, spoke up, "No way in hell. Russia's much better."

You blush instantly, though you realize he probably wasn't aware that you were playing as Russia, and smirked, "Exactly! Russia's going to kick Germany's *ss."

"Who's this, Josh? She's got much better taste than you," he smiled and immediately you knew that you were falling for him.

Lost in thought, your finger slipped and the pencil fell from your grasp and rolled off the table. You embarrassedly picked it up as Josh laughed and introduced you, "Her name is Y/N. I've known her forever, she's my closest friend."

He nodded, digesting the information, before sticking his hand out for you to shake, "My name is Jonathan. It's nice to meet you."

You shook his hand, "The pleasure is all mine."

"So what's all this Russia and Germany talk?" Jonathan leaned back in his seat.

"It's the SMP Earth thing," Josh explained, uninterestedly, "But I'm worried about others not taking it seriously."

"God forbid people don't take Minecraft seriously," you teased, but when he seemed genuinely offended you continued, "But even if they don't, you'll be too busy fighting Russia to notice."

"I thought we were going to be allies," he huffed, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Russia and Germany? Allies? Now who's playing unrealistically?" Jonathan saw you suppressing your laughter and his cheeks grew warmer as every second passed.

"Are you going to be on SMP Earth?" You pried, cutting through Josh's stammering that devolved into grumbling.

"No. I'd love to, it's just bad timing for me," he sighed with a shrug, and then gestured to Josh, "It sounds like you'll be having plenty of fun without me, anyways."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Josh looked at you to find that you were enjoying the banter and added, "Oh no, you two are the stuff of my nightmares."

"Boo," you fake-attempted to scare him, but only succeeded in making him leave, mumbling unintelligibly under his breath.

"Is he okay?" Jonathan seemed to be genuinely concerned and you assumed that he had not been around Josh or had many experiences with him.

"Yeah, this is just how he is," you chuckled, "He'll be fine."

"Good to know," he took a deep breath and a silence settled between you, catching each other staring, but neither of you brave enough to comment on it.

"I've got to head out soon—Carson's waiting on me for a video, but I'd like to get to know you better if you're interested," seemingly unable to maintain eye contact with you as he spoke, he slowly turned in his seat before standing up, "Maybe I'll just have to make space for SMP Earth in my schedule?"

"If you can, but I'd be okay with doing anything," you offered, but quickly clarified, "Just about anything."

"Okay, well, here's my number. Call me for anything," his smirk was irresistible, "or just about anything."

He slipped you a paper and headed into the other room as you read it;

A friend of a friend
позвоните мне
(xxx)xxx-xxxx