A fine day to be the friend of Arthur Kirkland

Arthur and Francis hurried along, both boys struggling to keep up with Allistor's long strides as they talked quietly.

"Angelterre, why did he bring me?" Arthur could feel his face heat up. He couldn't tell Francis that he was worried about him and that his uncle had brought him along to ease Arthur's nerves. That would mean admitting that he cared about Francis, if only on a human-to-human basis. And it would make Francis feel bad...."

"Uhm... I guess he just didn't want to leave anyone in LaFluer's hands..." Francis nodded slowly, letting the subject go. "Oui, if you say so...." He was silent for a moment before piping up again, quietly.

"I've seen coats like that before, when I was coming here by ship. He dresses like a Captain..." Arthur smiled proudly, a bit smug about his uncle's status. "Yea, he's the Captain of his own ship! He says he's going to take me with him, too. He'll probably take you, too, because he's nice like that." Francis laughed quietly.

"Oui, I'd heard that Brritish sailors were crazy. I thought they were only rumors, though..." Arthur scoffed. "He's not crazy, he's just... a little bit odd. In a good way. Would you rather be in LaFluer's hands again?" Francis shuddered. "Non, actually. I think he was the worst example of France that I've ever laid eyes on..." Arthur smirked briefly. "Indeed. We agree on one point, I guess." Francis nodded slowly.

"I still think he's insane..." Allistor suddenly laughed, making both boys jump. "Nay, not insane. Just a bit eccentric. 'Odd', as Arthur put it. It makes me good at my job!" Francis blushed bashfully at having been caught and smiled as Allistor's hand landed on his head good-naturedly. 

"Now, we've got to meet with me lads briefly, and then we're going to go sometwhere very special." He looked the two of them over, a grin finding it's way to his face. "How'd you two like some new clothes?"

Half a candle later, they were in a tailor towards the center of London, both boys being measured carefully while Allistor chatted with the woman at the desk, who looked very flustered as he charmed her. Arthur nudged Francis with his elbow, ignoring the complaint from the seamstress as he grinned. "That's how you charm a lady properly. None of that silly French stuff you were pulling on that girl." Francis laughed quietly. 

"I was telling her about French wines, Angelterre." Arthur frowned firmly, eyes following his uncle as the redhead kissed the lady's hand gently, winking at her.

"Oh. Didn't sound like it... Holy Mary." Both boy's eyes were wide as Arthur's uncle leaned in, whispering in the lady's ear and making her face flush pink under her fine power. Arthur grinned for no particular reason, mostly because his uncle was apparently perfect at being a man. Arthur's grin faded a tiny bit as he watched his uncle slip something into his pocket carefully.

"-terre? Angelterre, you're staring into open air. Stp ignoring me." Arthur rolled his eyes in distain at Francis, who looked quiet whiny at the moment. "Do shut up, frog. I'm thinking." Francis' response was cut off as the seamstresses dispersed with the measurements. Arthur and Francis glanced at each other before jumping down from the stool and scampering over to the front desk, where Allistor was still in full charm mode.

"Uncle?" Allistor glanced at them, grinning. "You're done in there? Good time." A woman stepped out, handing a piece of paper to the lady who Allistor had been charming. She glanced up, face still pink faintly. "It'll be two hours 'til they're all done. Can I expect a pickup this afternoon?" Alistor smiled at her warmly, her blush coming back full force. "I'll be busy by then, but if you'll give me a ticket, I'll have someone come along and pick it up." The lady nodded, quickly giving him a tag before he bade her farewell. They exited the shoppe and set off down the busy street, the boys again having to work at keeping up, neither of them wanting to ask for him to slow for them.