Mind = Blown

Whoooo! Arthur had quite a dreaful shock, there! And yes, that was an on-the-fly pirate name, and now Smelly Joe will be a routine character, because I adore stereotypical names like that. Bah, humbug. 

Arthur took a moment for the news to really sink in. "You're a pirate." Allistor shook his head, waving the papers. "Nay, now we're legal privateers of Her Majestie's armada!" Arthur nodded slowly. "And that mean that you only pirate the Queens' enemies?" Allistor shrugged. "It keeps us out of prison, so who'm I to complain abut the details?" Arthur nodded slowly, starting to take things in a new light.

His uncle may be an insane pirate, but he was an insane pirate who had just gotten his Letters of Mark and was extremely dedicated to Arthur's welfare. Who was he to complain?Arthur couldn't help but laugh a bit at the situation.

"What is it, lad? Somethin' tickle your fancy?" Arthur found that he was just the slightest bit hysterical.

"'Oi, Cap'n, what's the bruise on his face from, then?" Arthur turned his head in shame as Allistor lowered his voice.

"Lads, my family did wrong, putting him in the French snailsucker's care. He should've stayed with us, even if it woud destroy the chances of a normal life. But!" Allistor gently put a finger under Arthur's chin, drawing his eyes to him as he spoke to the crew. "Now, I've got him, and for the sake of his dear mother, God rest her soul, I'm never letting another being lay hands on him." Allistor gave the crewmen a wild eye to match his grin as he grabbed a random tankard of ale, raising it. "The Kirkland family's prodigal son is returned, and he'll be the finest pir-- privateer, now! That the British isles have ever seen!" A cheer went up from around the table and Arthur could feel a smile breaking across his face.

This was home.

Arthur looked to Francis, who looked captivated by the sheer amount of life in the men as they cheered for the lost son returned. Athru reached over surrupticiously, poking the French boy and getting his attention before giving him a smile.

"You'll be my first mate, got it?" He delibritly made it an order, in disguise as a question. Francis smiled, his angelic face lighting up with joy as he nodded. "Of course. Behind every good Englishman, there is a better Frenchman, non?" Arthur gave him a scowl, slugging his arm playfully as Francis laughed.

"What's his story, though, Cap'n?" Allistor rolled his eyes. "Smelly Joe, you ask too many questions. this is... Actually, I'm not sure what your name is." A roar of laughter went up as Allistor glanced at Francis. "Your name, lad?"

"Francis Bonnefoy, Monsieur Kirkland!" Allistor rolled his eyes. "That's Captain Kirkland, lad, but good try. Ok, lads, this is Francis Bonnefoy, and I'm not exactly sure of his story. I think the lads can tell that better than I can at the moment." Allistor looked to the boys, who glanced between themselves.

"Well..." Arthur hesitated a moment, giving Francis a questioning look. "You want to tell it?" Francis shook his head. "It'll sound better coming from you. I trust you to tell it correctly." the crew were all listening readily, now. What could possibly sound different coming from one boy than coming from the other?

"Alright, then, frog." Arthur nodded determinadly, honestly hoping that he didn't slip up and make Francis look bad. "Francis only recently arrived in the country, having been shipped here from France to.... Well, the bastard LaFluer didn't treat me very well and he wanted uncle to think he did, so he shipped in Francis to stand in my place, pretending to ber me." Arthur glanced over to see the pained look on Francis' face. "But, he was valiant in his efforts to thwart the plans of the frog, LaFluer, and he managed to get uncle and I together at no small cost." To whom, they don't need to know....