Omegaverse

Feel free to skip ahead.

What is an Omegaverse?

An AU where there are dynamics like Alpha, Beta, Omega and maybe Delta and Gamma.

People with these certain dynamics have certain biological roles and physical characteristics.

In my version of the AU, there's only Alpha, Beta, Omega and Delta. Those with these dynamics are mostly purely humans.

Primary and Secondary Genders:

Person's primary gender is male and female. It is determined after birth.

Secondary genders only emerge during puberty due to hormones, which is around 14-15 Early bloomers may visit their doctors to be identified. Late bloomers only emerge at around 16-18. Changes in Secondary may also occur due to the imbalance of hormones. It is a rare case.

Your secondary gender tends to determine where you stand in society.

The Dynamics:

Alpha

Tend to be dominant, physically stronger and more aggressive.Generally large in size and appear/can be slightly intimidating.Their scents and pheromones tend to be overpowering and make omegas and other weaker dynamics weaker.A purebred alpha is an alpha who's family consists of only Omegas or alphas. No betas. Alphas have sharper teeth and sharper senses. Alphas like to show off their teeth, it's like a display of power. After being identified, Alphas grow taller and bulkier most of the time.A knot is something at the base of and Alpha's reproductive part which swells up during climax and keeps them locked inside their mate during sexual intercourse to increase chances of their mate getting kids. This process is known as knotting.Female alphas exist. They are the only alphas that can have kids.Alpha genes are pretty strong.Alphas take up 30% of the populationAlphas go through rut which is like an alpha version of heat.Alphas are more aggressive, bolder and possessive than other dynamics which leads to a lot of fights. They mark things by scenting them to tell other Alphas to Deltas to back off as it is their property.When around their mate tend to be gentler, when threatened will be very aggressive.A non-mated alpha is less tame than a mated alpha.

Delta:

A weaker breed of AlphasNormally born from Beta and Omegas or Alpha and beta pairs.Same characteristics as Alphas but are not as strong or sharp as them. Like an Alpha's wingman.Makes up 10% of the population.Less aggressive adopts come beta characteristics.

Beta:

Like normal human beings. They're above Omegas but below Deltas and AlphasBetas can have any kind of appearance.Don't go through heats but can still mate with alphas or omegasThey have better control over their pheromones and are able to sense other dynamic's mood from their scent.Usually have a calming nature to them.They have muted scents, it's like a base that fits in nicely with other scents and that helps people get along.They are great in helping out omega friends in heat or Alpha/delta friends in a rut.They tend to be more emotionally sensitive to others.Male betas cannot get pregnant, female betas cannot impregnate anyone.Male betas cannot impregnate male omegas or male alphas.Betas are hard to detect due to their weak scents, hence they can easily approach an Omega or Alpha without upsetting them or their mates.

Omegas:

Submissive and tend to have a feminine body shape. Smaller, more petite frame, more delicate.Less aggressive, more shy and outspoken.Aggressive omegas are rare and tend to produce stronger offsprings.Usually a day before their heat, they enter pre-heat. It informs them that their heat is coming soon.Omegas experience heat, this is kinda like a mating season for them. Heat increases Omega's fertility rate. Omegas' pheromones affect alphas and Deltas, and may even affect Betas slightly if strong enough.Omegas have sweeter, more pleasant and subtle scents.Omegas nest during their heatsOmegas purr soothes other dynamics pretty well.Most omegas tend to be females. While male omegas do exist they are pretty rare.Male omegas can get pregnant but cannot impregnate others. Omegas don't really come off as aggressive but will be if another omega is seen pursuing their mate. Not all omegas are though. It depends on the person.Most omegas tend to lack body heat and therefore are more cuddly with their mates, Betas or omegas.Omegas are very sensitive to other dynamic's pheromones and scents.Omegas who learn to fight or own weaponry are looked down on. It's like feminism but for omegas.