6: Omega

"Are you sure?" It was Canada that spoke instead of Britain or France.

"Yes. Went he was sent into the ER, he had a high fever and was in pain. It seemed that he was not going through an actual heat but a preheat. All the while his body was starting to change to become an omega. We conducted tests and found that his beta hormones were slowly becoming omega ones and his body has already started to change to that of omega. It is safe to say that he is no longer a beta."

"Due to the fact his body is still changing from a beta to an omega, his first few heats will be extremely intolerable. I see that your entire family are alphas so I advice that he stays with a beta or omega friend or family member. Having someone who understands what he's going through will help him."

"His heat is arriving soon so I advise you be quick in making your decision. We will discharge him after today and diagnose him with heat suppressant, scent blockers and painkillers. We advice one of you to come along with him to receive the medication and instructions. That is all I have to say." WHO sighed as he finished off.

WHO was called off to attend to another patient soon after his explanation. This left Britain, France and Canada alone with time to think and digest what he had just said.

.

.

Russia had not seen the friendly American nor his loud brother, Australia all day. Come to think of it, New Zealand didn't seem to be around either. Philip and Poland had also been a little strange since the bathroom incident. Both of them and South refused to say anything other than "America will be fine."

Russia huffed in annoyance. How can be someone be fine if you can't even say what's wrong with them?

The bell rang, freeing everyone from the hell called school. Russia grabbed his things and made his way to North's desk when he felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. He grabbed it and unlocked it, seeing a text from Canada.

'Hey, can America stay over at your house for a few days?' the text read. Russia furrowed his eyebrows.

'Why?' he replied quickly. He waited for a reply before North interrupted him.

"Texting your girlfriend or something?" North snickered.

"N-no." Russia slipped his phone into his jacket pocket as he and North headed out of class. 

"I'm just joking." North sighed.

"I know. You're going to go to your club now right?" Russia replied simply.

"Yeah. Unfortunately. See ya around I guess." North sighed as he excused himself and he walked to his locker.

Russia headed to his own to grab his things and head down to the school's ice-rink to check the team practice timings and such. He placed his bag in his locker as he received another notification from Canada.

'Nothing much to worry about, can you just ask your dad, please? Tell him France and Britain will be coming over to at around 9.'

'Ok, I guess.'

'Thanks. If you can keep this a secret from the rest of his friends.'

'Yea sure.'

More questions flooded his mind as he put his phone back in his pocket, grabbed the last of his things and went to find Finland.

He met with Finland who was chatting with Estonia near the exit of the school building. 

"Fin!" Russia called out. Finland and Estonia stopped talking. Estonia waved bye to Finland and Russia before heading off.

"Hey, Russ. Ready to go?" Finland smirked as he slung his hockey stick bag over his shoulder.

"Yea. Wonder what the freshman year is gonna look like." Russia nodded as they made their way across the campus to the large dome-like building nearby.

"Probably can't compare to our Seniors who graduated last year." Finland groaned.

"Yea. Canada was a real good player. The rest were too. Too bad they've graduated."

Finland hummed in reply, "Who do you think is gonna be captain for b div this year?"

"Probably Scotland or Sweden. Greenland would make a great co-captain. Although those Scotland and Greenland spend their days chasing and lecturing Iceland."

"Makes sense. I think Scotland would be the captain and Sweden co-captain." Finland reasoned.

"That kinda makes sense too. It'll be hard to choose this year."

"Yea. We're here, hey look it's Germany. He's here early." Finland pointed out Russia's half brother sitting on a bench, reading a book.

"That's a first he's always rushing into practice," Russia noted. He and Finland made their way to where Germany was seated.

"Hey, Germs." Russia greeted as he set his back down on the plastic seats with a thud.

"Oh, hey Russ, Finland." Germany looked up from his book briefly to acknowledge the 2 countries.

"Has the coach put up the information?" Finland asked.

"Yep. Senior year students are also starting to run for the captain. It's all on the bulletin board." Germany replied not lifting his gaze from his book.

Russia nodded and headed to the bulletin board where a few others were already reading the notices.

'Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

2 hours long, starts 1 hour after school.

Please bring your hockey gear. '

Russia hummed before glancing at who was running for the captain.

Greenland was running for captain along with 2 other human students.

Sweden was running for vice-captain, so was Scotland and some guy named Ned who was in junior year.

"Damn, that Ned. He sure has guts, he's not even that good." Finland grumbled.

"Hm yea." Russia nodded as he reached forward to make a vote. 

He grabbed a piece of paper and pen, ticking on Greenland's name for captain and Sweden for vice-captain.

He dropped them into the large cardboard box. Finland did the same, except he voted for Scotland ad vice-captain. Russia nodded approvingly.

"Hey wanna play a little hockey?"Russia suggested. 

"Yea. Ask Germany to join us."

"Sure. Hey, germs! Play some hockey?" Russia called out. Germany nodded. He put down his book and grabbed their sticks as they grabbed skates for him. Once they had geared up a little, they began to play a friendly game of hockey. 

"Got space for 3?" they stopped their game to see Iceland, Greenland and Iceland.

"Yeah sure." Russia shrugged.

Iceland grinned, "by the way, I hooked your stick to the ceiling. Sweden's too."

Scotland and Greenland turned to Iceland in shock, looking up and true enough there their sticks were balancing on the ledge of the roof. 

"Iceland. You have 3 seconds to run." Iceland squeaked as he started. Scotland wasn't as nice.

"Get back here ya fuckin dingus! Get my stick down! Iceland!" Scotland screamed, his Scottish accent coming through. 

Russia, Germany and Finland watched as the 2 seniors chased Iceland around the rink for a while, laughing at their seniors.

-----