32. Juliana, Silenced

Noah's leash slipped from her hand. One moment she was caught in Jenny's mesmerizing blue gaze, and the next thing she knew, Jenny's lips were on hers.

Of their own volition, Juliana's hands slid to Jenny's back, gliding up her spine and caressing soft shoulders. She felt Jenny shiver beneath her touch.

Were they in a park? Juliana couldn't remember. She was lost in space and time. Lost in Jenny. The girl was full of surprises. A passionate kiss was the last thing she would have imagined happening on this outing. Okay, maybe not the last thing, but it was still unexpected. And definitely welcome.

Her doubts about the appropriateness of this attraction between them evaporated. This felt right. Absolutely, mind-blowingly right. The assertive Jenny was back.

Juliana was dimly aware that they were making out in the middle of a park sidewalk, so she gradually walked them to a nearby tree and pinned Jenny against it. The girl didn't seem to mind. She made a small but sexy noise, which drove Juliana crazy.

Pulse racing, their breaths mingling, Juliana couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

When they finally broke apart, desire had darkened Jenny's blue eyes. They gazed at each other for several wondrous moments, catching their breaths. Was Jenny marveling over this as much as Juliana was? Seemed like it.

"Let me make an omelet for you," Jenny finally said. "Today. At my place. Maybe right now?"

Juliana didn't even have to think about it. "Yes. I'd like that." A sudden thought occurred to her. She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "One thing, though."

Jenny's eyes widened with dismay, as if anticipating the worst.

Juliana glanced around their environment with slightly dazed eyes. "We should probably find Noah first."

Huh? What? Noah who? And what's a vote button?