Thirteen

There's been animal attacks

There's been animal attacks. Five so far. But they're not animal attacks. I know that now. There's a vampire in town.

Paul, Jared, Sam, and recently shifted Embry Call have been trying to capture the bloodsucker, but she's crafty and always gets away. Paul is pissed at that. He calls me most nights to complain about it. We talk until he's calm. Mainly I'm the one doing the talking, he says he likes to hear about my day, so I ramble on for a while.

The attacks are the topic of conversation at lunch today. Jessica, Mike, Angela, and Eric have been regulars at our table ever since Jessica and Julian began dating after New Years.

"I did see something in the woods." Angela insists. She had gone for a walk to take some pictures and may or may not have seen Sam hiding in the shadows while they were searching for the vampire. "It was jet black and huge! On all fours it was still taller than a person."

"Maybe a bear?" Mike suggests.

Danielle scoffs. "Or an alien." She's not one to believe in the supernatural, or anything even remotely out of the ordinary.

Angela huffs and crosses her arms. "Well, I saw it."

"You're not the only one." A new voice joins in. Isabella Swan stands uncomfortably behind Mike and Riley. "My dad's been getting reports at the station." She pulls a chair in between the two boys. "Like five hikers were killed by a bear. But they can't find the bear."

We all sorta stare at her for a second. This is the first time she's talking since she went to Port Angeles with Jessica two weeks ago. It didn't go well. Jessica complained for almost an entire lunch period about how Bella had ditched her to ride some weirdo's bike.

"Last time you clowns doubt my girlfriend." Eric breaks the silence. I snort at his comment seeing as he had doubted Angela since she first brought it up.

Everyone breaks out into their own conversations after that. Nova, Angela, Eric, and I chat about classes and the upcoming essay we have due in English. Five to six page critique on Hamlet. Yay.

"Do you guys wanna go see Face Punch?" Isabella asks. Face Punch, the new action film. The trailer looks amazing.

The others agree to join. "Line, are you and Paul gonna sit with us?" Paul and I had made plans to watch it tonight. That is if he gets done with patrol on time. Sometimes Sam makes him stay late to help Embry.

"If he doesn't get called in to work, then yeah. But I'll be there either way at." Nova nods and continues eating her quesadilla.

Eric mentions something about upcoming movies and the conversations for the rest of lunch is about which new romcom we're excited to watch most.

~~~~~~

Sam let Paul come to the movies. Embry has been adjusting really well and is on his first alone patrol tonight. Paul's glad he's no longer the newbie. Jared had been giving him shit about it for months, but now Embry has to deal with it until the next guy shifts. Paul has his bets on Quil Ateara only because Sam is certain Jacob Black is next.

Speaking of Jacob, Isabella invited him to the movies. When Paul and I arrive, Jacob is there along with Mike and Isabella. Angela got sick so Eric is taking care of her. Riley's baseball practice went on longer than usual. Nova didn't wanna be the only single person - even though she wasn't going to be. Danielle is studying. Julian has chores. And Jessica just bailed.

Mike sighs when we join them and Jacob glares heatedly at Paul. He's mad because he thinks Sam forced Embry into his 'cult'.

"Great, you're here. The movie is starting soon." And that's all Isabella says before leaving for the theatre.

I roll my eyes but follow after her. "She's not very enthusiastic." Paul mentions.

"She doesn't like me cause I told her off New Years Eve." It's been like a month and that's the most she's ever said to me since I went off on her. Although, we never really talked before either.

Instead of sitting by the thruple, Paul and I take seats a few rows behind them. Far enough to have privacy and not have to talk with them, but close enough to keep an eye on Jacob.

"Do you think she knew about the Cullens?" I ask Paul as the lights dim.

Paul takes a long sip of his soda before answering. "Sam says she did. She has a bite mark on her arm." He doesn't mean a dog bite, but a vampire bite. I know the reason I can't really see it is because of Paul's strengthened eyesight. I wonder if Edward was the one to bite her. Maybe that's a part of the reason they left. He bit her, realized he couldn't control himself, and bailed.

Paul and I whisper here and here throughout the movie, making sure to keep quiet so those around us don't get upset. Whenever I glance at the three teens ahead of us, I have to stop myself from laughing. Isabella sits in between the two boys, both have their hand closest to the girl available in case she wants to hold their hand. It's amusing how uncomfortable she is, but she's the one who suggested the movie in the first place.

Mike sprints out of his seat right as a character gets their head blown off. Isabella and Jacob follow after him. Paul and I wait a few minutes before doing the same.

It seems we arrived at the right time. Jacob stares Mike down with clenched fists. "Dude, what is your problem?" The older boy questions wearily.

"Right now, you're my problem." Jacob tightens his jaw. Even from here I can feel the heat rolling off him.

Paul notices this and steps towards the younger boy, but keeps an arm stretched out in front of me. "Jacob. Let's go home, I'll give you a ride."

But Jacob doesn't want to listen to Paul. "Stay the hell away from me." His anger rises with his voice and I step back subconsciously. I need to get out of here.

Isabella places an arm on Jacob's shoulder in an attempt to calm him. "You have a fever. Are you feeling okay?"

Jacob seems to snap out of his anger clouded daze. "I don't know what's happening. I gotta go." He storms out of theatre. Paul sends me an apologetic look before chasing after the boy.

Mike is the one to speak next. "That guy is weird."

Okay y'all. So I've been contemplating bout somehow making Caroline like a witch or some other supernatural creature but I want your feedback. What do y'all think bout that?? Or should she stay human??