Thirty Two

Things between the pack and the Cullens - along with Jacob and his new pack consisting of Seth and Leah - have still been tense

Things between the pack and the Cullens - along with Jacob and his new pack consisting of Seth and Leah - have still been tense. Not in the we-still-wanna-kill-you way. But the we-tried-killing-your-family-but-we-can't-because-she's-an-imprint-so-now-things-are-awkward way.

The six of us had bombarded the Cullen household with the intention to kill the creature Isabella birthed. But we were forced to stop because the ancestors decided the creature and Jacob would make a great couple.

I for one think it's ridiculous and kind of creepy. I mean, I listened to Jacob bitch about how Isabella doesn't love him just four weeks ago. And now he's gone and imprinted on her...child.

And now we have to pretend like we're okay with the thing living. I don't want to hurt Jacob, but Cyhiraeth said with this thing living that many shifters would die. And I will not let that happen.

~~~~~~~~

"Why can't he seduce the Grim Reaper? All I want is for my man Sebastian to live out his dreams with his true love Grim, and it won't fucking work."

Reaching for the tv remote, I pause the movie just as Prince Caspian gets pushed to the ground by Reepicheep so I can turn to Paul, who has been muttering at my computer screen for the last sixteen minutes. Jared recently introduced him to the treasure that is the Sims. And after realizing I already had the game downloaded onto my computer, he has come over quite a bit just to play it.

I can't help but grin as I watch him play. He's so in to the game that he doesn't realize he's taking aloud.

"Paul, sweetie, you know there's a cheat for that right?"

His shoulders deflate as he sighs and swears under his breath. "Of course there is. There's a cheat for everything in this stupid game. Why didn't I think of that before?" He spends a few more minutes on the computer before spinning the chair around to face me. "That's why this relationship works. You're smart, and hot, and I'm buff, so it evens up."

I roll my eyes but decide to play along, draping my arms around his shoulders. "Oh, yeah?" He hums, leaning forward to brush his nose with mine. "So, if I'm hot and smart, and you're the buff one, I wouldn't be able to do this then." In one swift movement, I pull Paul out of the chair and push him onto the bed before straddling his hips.

"No, you can do that whenever you like." He winks cheekily before leaning his head up to connect our lips. Whatever snide comment I was going to make disappears from mind as Paul squeezes my hips before sliding a hand under my shirt. His touch on my bare back sends shivers down my spine and I can't help but moan into his mouth. My fingers tangle themselves into his hair, tugging softly before I pull away from his lips. "We should do that more often."

~~~~~~~

"Hi, welcome to Rouse's Drugstore. How can I-oh, what are you doing here?"

Rosalie follows behind me as I make my way back to the counter. Dad went on a week long vacation with mom to North Dakota to visit her childhood best friend. So I've been trusted to run the store in his absence.

"Jasper told us about your conversation the other night." Straight to the point I see. "Do you really think none of us cared for you?"

I grab the catalog, checking off everything I've unpacked from the shipment so far. "Not a single one of you bothered to check up on me after the fight. So, yeah, I'd say none of you cared for me."

"That's not true!" She snatches the book from my hands to gain my attention. "You were the first friend I've had in a really long time. Jasper and I wanted to go see you, but we didn't know how you'd react. It's our fault Julian is dead. The two of you never should have been drugged into our lives. I'm sorry, Caroline." After a few moments of me not responding, Rosalie sets the book down before reaching into her purse. "Here, I wanted you to see this. Goodbye, friend."

I manage to grab the picture before it falls to the ground. It's a photo of a small infant with large brown eyes and a head full of hair. Her wide smile shows she already has a few teeth coming in. Flipping the picture over, I bite my lip as I read the order scribbled on the back.

Renesmee Carlie Cullen.

Hasn't been much Caroline x Paul so there's an intense make out sesh for y'all.

Also there's a small part of me that wants to write a Carlisle x OC ff. Would any of y'all be down with that??