Thirty Six

Two new shifters joined the pack: Brady Fuller and Collin Littlesea

Two new shifters joined the pack: Brady Fuller and Collin Littlesea. Both are young. Too young. Only fourteen. Three new shifters have joined Jacob's pack as well.

Two more vampires have arrived. Vladimir and Stefan. They informed us that the Volturi is also gathering witness. Although, I already knew that but was unable to tell anyone. Unlike the other vampires, these two don't care about trying to change the Volturi's mind on Renesmee. They just want the three leaders dead.

At the moment, all of us - both packs included - gather in the Cullen living room. Every once in a while a vampire sniffs dramatically loud and turns their head away snobbishly. But no comments are made.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern." Dr. Cullen says. Vladimir told him that the Volturi have done this before when they went to recruit a vampire into their ranks.

"This is all about Alice." Edward states, shaking his head with a sigh. "He has no one like her, that's why she left." From across the room, Isabella sends me a glance. "Why does he need witnesses?"

Dr. Cullen's eyes widen with realization. "To spread the word that justice has been served." To spread the word that he can and will annihilate any coven that dares to defy him.

Amun grabs Kebi's hand and makes to leave, stopping once they reach Benjamin and Tia. "We are leaving." His tone gives them no option to reject his order.

"And where will you go?" Edward steps close to the coven of four. "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? Who's to say they won't go for Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate? Or even Caroline? Anyone with a gift?" My breath stills when he mentions my name. Would the Volturi come for me? "Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family, but also for yours and the way you want to live."

Jacob immediately steps forward, puffing out his chest. "My pack will fight."

"So will we." Sam sends a respectful nod to Jacob.

One by one, the other covens rise from their chairs and declare three words. We will fight.

Grasping Paul's hand tightly, I take a step forward. "I will fight." Edward looks almost surprised by my words, but smiles nonetheless.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

~~~~~~

"Holy hell! This thing is bigger than my eyeball!" Nova stares widely at the ring on Dani's finger; who just returned for winter break two nights ago. "How did you afford this?"

Riley wraps an arm around Dani's shoulder. "It was nana Jean's, remember? Dad gave it to me over summer."

"You've had this since summer and waited til this morning to give it to me?" Dani gasps dramatically. Riley smiles apologetically and presses a kiss to her cheek.

"Yuck. Okay, let's start before you two start making out on the couch." We follow the blonde outside, each of us holding a present.

Since we're all broke, each of us bought one gift no more than $40. One by one, we will take turns picking a present, that way we're not having to spend more money for three separate gifts. We used to do this all the time. We stopped last year because we were going to save our money for a road trip over the summer, but decided to bring it back this year.

After setting the presents down, we sit there silently for a few moments. No one moves. We all just stare at one another with sad eyes.

"Julian always went first." We mutually decided to choose the presents alphabetically by our last names. So Julian always got first choice.

Riley sighs. "It's never going to stop hurting, is it?"

"No." My voice doesn't sound as weak as I thought it would. "We'll never get over it. And that's okay. Someday the pain will lessen, but until then, we have each other. We just have to hold onto that."

Riley grabs Nova's and Dani's hand, the two each holding out their other for me. We sit like that with clasped hands for a couple of minutes.

"You go, Dani." Nova says once we all let go.

I've never written a twilight book where my OC participates in the fight and I'm real excited for it. Also have missed writing about Caroline and her friends