We try

+++ One week later +++

The bell rings to announce the end of the day. Love and Tangmo are going to meet close to the river, but the sun is already going down. Love is scared of the dark, so he hopes they will be home before the moon appears.

'Let's open the letter.' Tangmo says. He wants to start as fast as possible, because he doesn't know how hard it will be. Two years ago he was lucky, but maybe it's harder this time.

Love opens it, although the mentor should do it. Tangmo just shrugs, it doesn't matter to him.

'Find a sport you both like and try it out.' Love reads out loud. He didn't expect anything like that. Tangmo is also quite surprised. He thinks about the task. 'I don't do sports.' Love gives in. He is sure that he won't like anything. Unless Tangmo teaches him how to.

'We will find something, don't worry. Let me think first.' Tangmo gets up from the cold ground. He walks around to get inspired.

Love just watches him walking around as if he's a poet with a ballpoint behind his ear. Tangmo is a very interesting person, Love thinks. He's always in for new things.

'Do you like reading?' Love doesn't get the question. Reading is not a sport.

'I do, but why do you ask?'

'Can't I get to know you a little better? We will have to spend time together, it's better if we know things about each other.' Love nods. He's totally right.

'Do you like reading?' Love asks the same thing. He doesn't know what else to ask. He isn't very spontaneous when he's with someone he barely knows.

'Sometimes, yes. I mostly read books others recommend. What are you reading at the moment?'

'Manga, about karate and love.' 

Suddenly Tangmo's gaze changes. He walks toward Love and bends down. 'Did you just say Karate?'  He asks.

'Yes.' Love thinks about his sudden question. Is this the sports he wants to try?

'I like it. I've been doing it for years now. Would you like to try it out with me?' Love nods. There's no other option anyway. Suddenly Tangmo holds Love. He stares in his eyes. 'Let's start now.'

Softly he throws Love against the ground. He hopes he doesn't make Love afraid. He doesn't want to scare him away.

'What do you think?'

'I think you're good at it. Can you teach me?' Love hesitates, but he wants to make progress. He wants to start as soon as possible with the next task. 

Tangmo nods happily. He's glad they both can agree. He helps Love to get up. This is their second time they touch each other. Love feels something is strange about it. Tangmo doesn't touch him like he should touch others. It's not love, so why?

They start practicing. Tangmo explains, he shows how to do it and then he helps Love to try. His instructions are very clear. That's how they spend their night. They forget about the time passing by too fast.

Tangmo looks at the hour and together they decide to go back. Good will be waiting for them to let them in secretely.

'I'm glad we could get to know each other.' Tangmo says sincerely on the way back. They walk shoulder to shoulder. It's new to Love to have such a conversation with someone he only knows for a week.

'I'm hungry.' Love says, awkwardly. 

'Come to my room and let's eat something. Vier is always awake till midnight, so it won't bother him. He's always in for a late night snack.' He replies with a sweet voice. He's such a gentleman.

'If you're sure, then I'm in as well.' Love looks at the floor. They eventually arrive in their school. Good is waiting at the door. They tell their plan and he agrees. He won't tell anyone that they're  in each other's room.

They go upstairs, with Good behind them. He will never leave his function, certainly not when he's helping others to break the rules. He finds things like this very exciting. He wishes he could eat with them, but he has to fulfill his duty.

'Good luck.' Good says, but he doesn't know why, because he's the only one who can catch them. When Tangmo gets in, Good grasps Love's arm. 'You're a girl now.'

Love is astonished. He actually doesn't want to hear when he's a girl or a boy, because he can't change anything about it. 'Have you ever meet people who are like you?'

He shrugs. 'Never. But it's possible in our village. The unicorn shows up now and then.' Of course Love is worried again, although he didn't expect another answer.

'Are you still coming?' Tangmo asks when he sees Love standing in the doorway. 

'Yes, sorry.' He doesn't want to hug Good, because in his eyes Love is a girl right now. That wouldn't be very convenient.

Love turns around and in front of him there's Vier. 'Remember that night in your room? There's still food left, do you want to eat it?' Love says it's okay. Vier brings him to his bed and let him take a seat. He's very sweet again.

They all sit down and they're silent. They can't be too loud or their neighbours will complain. Not that they like complaining, but sometimes they need their sleep.

Vier makes some noodles. Love can't wait to eat, he's very hungry.

'We did karate.' Tangmo tells Vier.

'How did that work out?' He asks. Love doesn't feel very comfortable here. They know each other for a long time already. He only knows Vier because of the common class. Today they only talked a bit, because they really wanted to hear the teacher.

'Love isn't bad. It was fun to teach.'

'Really?' Vier looks at Love. Is it surprising that he's good in sports?

'I didn't expect Love to be this good.'

'Thanks?' Love laughs. Tangmo apologizes. Vier stares at them. Maybe he's a little jealous that they get along well, only because they have to work together as mentor and mentee. Vier lost his opportunity by a game.

They start eating. Love feels way better suddenly.

Tangmo finishes first. He has something to ask.

'Love, why did you choose for this school?' Love almost chokes on his food.