We save

I don't know why he does that. He doesn't look like the type who holds hands with friends. But either the type who takes the initiative to start a relationship. Maybe this makes him feel at ease.

The lights in the distance belong to the atmosphere around us. The water in the lake is moving slowly by the wind. The wind through the trees is the only sound we hear. 

'I am so happy that I met you.' He says. We only know each other for a short time. 'Thank you that you protected me.'

I have to think what he's talking about. I didn't do anything special today. I just stood up for him when Tangmo was acting weird. I think he isn't talking about today, but about something that has happened before.

'For what?' I'm not the person who wants to hear the same compliment over and over, but I'm really curious what he thanks me for.

'You remember that day you and your friends were in my room? I'm glad you were there. Without you it would have been so different.' He looks at me with shining eyes. When looking in his eyes, I finally realize how that day went.

We are having fun in Love's room. We are eating what Menn and Nuclear have prepared. In the background there's music. No one really listens to it. It's way funnier what our friends are talking about. Some are drinking, others aren't. Nuclear is wasted. He tells things anyone is curious about. It wouldn't be weird if he suddenly tells about his deepest secrets.

Suddenly he goes to Love, who's just eating on his bed. Nuclear brings a pink pillow to him. 'Is this yours?' He asks. Love nods.

'Pink? What's wrong with you?' Because of his question all eyes are on him. Everyone knows this is not respectful. It even sounds offensive.

When he says this, he doesn't realize he's the one with pink hair. I'm pretty sure he only says this because he's wasted. He loves pink, there's no doubt.

Love doesn't know what to say. I come closer, just in case it's necessary. Other friends try to stop Nuclear to say anything else. He should leave, but he's too strong when he wants to speak his mind.

'You must be gay. Pink is for gay people.' I really can't stand his judgement. People mostly think I stay back whenever there's something like this going on, but when it shocks me I'm the first one to help.

'Nuclear, do you even know what you're saying? Pink is the colour everyone likes nowadays.' Nuclear just shrugs. Of course he's not going to give in.

He looks around. No one wears pink. He can't see his own hair. 'Yeah? You sure?'

I get up and stand on the bed. 'Just watch.' I undo my zipper. And I pull my pair of trousers down. 'You see?'

Everyone stares at me, with big eyes. This is the only thing I could do to stop Nuclear being this annoying. They stare at me, because I lied. I'm not wearing pink. I'm just standing there in red underwear.

'I only did what I would do to protect anyone.'

Love shrugs. Probably he doesn't believe that I would do it for anyone. Maybe I reacted a bit faster because it was about Love, that's possible.

'Do you want to go back?' I ask him, although he doesn't look like he's ready to leave. He must be tired of today.

Suddenly Good shows up. He stands in front of us, as if he has listened to everything we said.

'Love.' He says. 'You should go home so you can sleep in peace. I think it will be chaotic today. No one wants to go back to his room.'

'Home? Isn't that too far?' I ask, surprised. It's a weird suggestion.

'No, we live in the forest. Not far from here.' Good points into the right direction. I've seen two houses there when standing on the roof of the school. I used to smoke there when I was in the first year. Now I don't anymore, because my father's reputation would be ruined if they find out.

'Let's go, Love. I'll bring you.' I say. He's falling asleep, I notice. Good nods and whispers to me to give him a piggyback ride.

I stand up and I lift him. He will fall asleep.

'How's it going?' I ask Good when he walks next to us. It's weird that he goes home as well, he should be here to look for the students. Maybe he has someone else doing it for him. He looks like he can use some rest.

'I'm fine. I just want to sleep.' He smiles while saying it. I think he will sleep like a rose.

'Me too.' I say. Love is already sleeping, his head on my shoulder. He doesn't weigh much.

We arrive at his house. I'm not sure, maybe it's Good's house. He opens the door and lets us in. Then he disappears, so I guess this is Love's house. I don't want to stroll around looking for his room and opening doors that do not lead to his room. That's not quite respectful. I throw him softly on the couch. He's still asleep. The couch is big enough for me to sleep on it, next to him. If he wakes up, he won't be shocked, because we already tried to sleep next to each other. He won't blame me. So I lay next to him and I put my arm under his neck. Now he can rest cosily on my arm. My arm will be more asleep than I am, but that's not bad. I want to make sure Love has a comfy night. I just want to be by his side.

That's how my night goes. I hope Good is in his house, sleeping safe and sound. He cares too much for others, so he should pay more attention to himself.

The sun rises already. My feelings for Love as well, while watching how he sleeps.

I can't think about him like this. I don't know him very well. And I think Tangmo feels something for him. Maybe it's just the way he's protective over others, but I think there's something else.