Another Kingdom?!

Kinsley POV

I strolled through the village. I had many non-royal friends. My family was against it but they knew they couldnt stop my daily strolls and kind words. I gave little bits of gold and bread or apples to the people in need and made flower crowns to the children. Everyone enjoyed my kindess. Everyone was confused how someone sweet like me came from two bitter people like my parents. Honestly..
They arent that bitter. My mom respects me and accepts me mostly.

I finally made it back to the castle, where my bestfriend stood waiting for me. He was a tall curly brown haired, freckle faced, knight.
He was assigned to me personally to be my guard instead of the usual palace guard.
He was the only one who knew my secret, and he accepted me still as his bestfriend.
I guess when you have to protect someone with your life you get pretty close to them.

"Hey Kage!! Is mom ready?!" I run over to him.

"Shes waiting. Are you sure your ready to tell her? I dont think she will like it to much, shes the one who made the same-sex marriage law and all." He said slowly walking up the palace steps with me.

"She accepts me with everything. I think if i tell her the law will be broken and everything will be good still." I smile.

We reach the door and Kage opens the door for me. My mother sat on a throne next to my father. My mothers long pink hair flowed as her eyes pierced me as I walked to her. My father was reading a newspaper that a servant just brought to him.

"Hey mom." I say as i do a little wave.

"Hello Kinnedy. Kage said you wanted to tell me something of up-most importantance?" She said seriously, tapping the arm rest of her throne with her blue nails.

"Mom.. you know i perfer Kinsley.."i mumble.

"I know you perfer Kinsley but i gave you the name Kinnedy so I am going to call you Kinnedy. Now what is it you wanted to tell me."

"I uhm.
Well you know how you've been trying to make me go on dates with all those p-prince's but i decline all of them because there uhm... "not my t-type"?" I said stuttering a bit.

"Yes.." My mother sighed. "Ive tried many types of men but none of them seem to suit you. I want tbe best prince for my daughger but you have declined all of the good ones."
She sighed again.

"Well.." I looked over to Kage who was standing beside me. "Maybe its because boys just arent my type...?" I mumbled.

My father put his newspaper down.

"Do we have a gay in our throne room!?" He shouted. Kage held onto my hand.

"It seems so." My mother said, rising to her feet. Her long red dress lifting up with her.

"You are a disgrace to your family and a disgrace to this kingdom! I will be arranging a marriage with someone from Apotos (Uh-Pa-Toes) for you to get married to in a weeks time! Go to your room. I do not want to see you for the rest of the evening! A servant will bring you dinner." She pointed to the stairs.

I let go of Kage's hand and walked to the stairs. Kage following close behind.

We made it to my bedroom. It had bubblegum pink walls. A bunk bed with a starry bed layout. And instead of a bottom bunk there was a desk with a laptop and painting supplies. And a big window that lead out to a balcony.

The door was shut and i was sitting at my desk.

"I told you it may not have been the best decision.." He mumbles..

A tear slips from my eyes. How could I have been so foolish. I knew something like this could have happened and I took the leap anyways.

"Hey, Hey.. dont cry. Its not your fault its theirs.." He came over to me. I stood up and hugged him. Ive hugged him many times before, but this was definitely the longest. My head rested on his chest and i could hear his heart beat.

There was a knock on the door. Kage pulled away and answered the door for me.
He stepped out into the hallway and shut the door. I sat down and wiped my tears away.

A few minutes later he came back in with a note. He handed it to me.

"Its about whats gonna be happening this next week." He smiled.

I smiled lightly back and opened the note.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Calithiopia, (Kuh-lee-thee-o-pee-uh)

I will graciously accept the princess to come over tommorow and get to know all four of my children. She may pick from any of them as she pleases. As requested her favorite of the four will marry her after a week, and her guard Kage may come along if he pleases.
Thank you,
King Alsamor (Al-suh-more)
------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed.
Of course. I was gonna get married in a week to a person I was never gonna truly love.. Itleast Kage could come along...

The sun was setting.
"Its all okay. You should get some sleep. Its a big day tomorrow. Ill have maid come and nake your suitcase once your asleep, kk?" He assured.

"Okay.. thank you Kage." I smiled at him and he smiled back before leaving and shutting the door.

I climbed into bed and fell asleep instantly, some how ignoring all of my thoughts.