003

Kinsleys POV

I didnt really know what to do.. I sat in my room quietly thinking about everything thats happened today.

They all seem really cool with there own unique personalities..
But the only one I.. like-like..
Is Ellie.

But Damien, Chauncy, and Toby seem like they would be such cool friends..

This is so annoying..

A knock on the door made me jump up to answer it. Even though Kage was the one suppose to answer my doors, I was bored out of my mind.

I opened the door and Matilda stood there. She had a brown dress with a white apron. Along with long green slightly tangled hair.

"The king awaits you and Kage's presence at the dinner table" she smiled and turned to walk away.

"Kage its food time!" I called behind me.

I heard him get up.

~~~

We arrived in the Dining Hall.
At one end of the table was Al and the other end was empty. The chair labeled "Queen Pertaron (Per-Tare-On).

On the left to Al was three of four of his children.
Toby, Ellie, and Chauncy.

I sat in front of Ellie and Kage sat in front of Chauncy.
Leaving the seat in front of Toby and where Damien should sit empty.

Ellie smiled at me.

A sigh came from Al.
"Of course Damien couldnt even bother to come to dinner when we have guests.. Damn kid.." He grumbled.

"MATILDA!" He shouted. Causing Toby to flinch.

The made came running in.
"Yes sir!?" She bowed.

"Where's Damien?" He spoke trying not to yell.

"He wasnt in his room." She spoke still bowed.

"Guess we will be eating without him tonight.
Send the food in." He grumbled.

"Yes sir!!" She said running to the kitchen.

"Uhm..
Al?" I stuttered.

"..yes? Sorry for my anger..Just a bad day.." he grumbled.

"Oh no its fine! Im used to this constantly while im at my castle..
But i was wondering wheres the queen?"
I mumbled.

"Oh dear.. shes been away for months. She will be back tommorow evening i believe." He smiled.

"What!!? mom is coming home!?" Toby and Ellie smiled and highfived eachother.
Chauncy just grinned.

Suddenly the dining hall door opened loudly and Damien walked in.

His collar was messed up and his hair was all messy.
"Sorry dad.." He mumbled.
"Did i miss dinner?" He asked.

Chauncy was giggling.

"No. Now sit down.
Why were you out during dinner time? You know I allow you full freedom to go around the kingdom but all I ask is for my family to be here during dinner." He spoke with authority.

"Sorry dad..
I was just out doing something..
And I didnt realize the time.." Damien bowed before going to sit down.

"And what exactly were you doing?" He spoke again.

"I was.. out with a girl.." He mumbled. Chauncy giggled again.

Al groaned. But then three servants came in with three trays.
One had a giant roast chicken. Another had
a bunch of different vegetables. Another had all kinds of different foods like mashed potatos, fried pickles, sushi and much more.

Al had everything there was to offer. Damien only had two peices of chicken. Chauncy had a peice of chicken and mashed potatos. Ellie had a bunch of sushi and one peice of chicken. Toby had a plate filled with veggies.
Kage just had chicken and i had chicken and mashed potatos.

~•~

After thirty minutes of small chats about weather and questuons about whats gonna be happening this week. Dinner came to a close.

I helped gather all the dishes together to a stack to hand to Matilda. Which made her smile, saying it was so nice of me to help her.

Al called me over once I left the Dining hall.

"Your mother told me you were a bit more interested in girlies, huh?" He smiled.

I looked down at my feet and nodded.

"Hey, Hey. Dont be hard on yourself. There's  no judgement in this kingdom. Anyone can be who they are as long as it dosent hurt nobody." He smiled.

"Besides, I asked Ellie to take you on a tour around the kingdom tommorow morning." He smiled.

I looked up at him. I smiled and hugged him. "Thank you" I whispered.
He laughed.

"Your welcome kid. Want you to get to know her decently well. I dont think you'd like any of these boys anyways. " He smiled.
"Remember what I said to Damien? I give my kids free range of the kingdom except at dinner. You'll be my daughter in law soon. That gives you that privilege to! Dont be scared to look around on your own." He said before walking away.

If anything I just wanted to be in my room looking at the sky. The sky couldnt ever hurt you, it hid no secrets. What you see is the truth.

~•~

I made it back to my room. Kage wasnt in there but he couldnt be far. I decided the balcony would be the best idea for now, nice and calm.. no drama. Just peace.

I stepped out onto the balcony, closing the door quietly behind me. I looked up at the sky. The sun was setting. It was a pretty pink and yellow blend.
I heard talking, so i looked over towards the big hill that was not to far away from my balcony. It was covered in white and yellow flowers.

I saw Toby and someone else.. They looked like a boy. They were sitting on the hill watching the sunset. It was adorable to watch. The door behind me opened. I turned to see Ellie.

"Hehe.. sorry to intrude.." she smiled.

"Oh, its fine! I was just looking at the sunset.. and.. yeah." I blushed looking down.

"Yeah its pretty. I just wanted to get to know you better.. maybe tomorrow I could give you a tour of the kingdom tommorow?" She smiled.

"Oh of course! Ill have to be here a while so i might as well know my surroundings." I smiled back.

"Oh and uhm... Is that Toby?" I asked her pointing to the field.

"Okay.. listen. He told me not to tell anyone but you see it so I guess i didnt tell you.
Yeah its Toby. Thats his secret lover Opallo." She sighed looking at them.
"There so adorable together.."
She muttered messing with the stone on the fence.

"Oh. Hehe.. i guess they are. Dont be upset about it. You might get something like that" i smiled to her before walking back into my room.

~•~

Its been half a hour so I guess she had just watched the full sunset or she climbed down..

I didnt want to bother her but I wanted to check on her. I opened the door to the balcony and she wasnt there. I stepped out. It was still bright out but it would be night in 15 minutes or so.

I looked into the field. Toby and Opallo were kissing, so i decided to go back inside.

I guess bed was the best option..
I snuggled into my bed. It was really comfy compared to my one at home.

I need some sleep if i want to be ready for my day with Ellie.

Sorry this chapter was pretty useless. Just gave intel on whats gonna happen in future chapters and stuff..
Whoops.. also thank you for the couple reads ive gotten. This book has only been up a day and ive gotten reads yayyy
Okay anyways bye bye
Cee out.