chapter one

Feelings Form

Olivia's POV

I walked to the gate to board the plane, eyes still red from crying. Ethan broke up with me with the whole We live different lives and we'll never see each other excuse, that was bullshit. But I saw a good sign, Joshua. "Hey!" Josh ran over to me, "Hey, Livy!" I hugged him, we were going to be in Salt Lake City for a year and a half. I had already known Josh for a year.

"My seat is 14, what about you?" I smiled, "15! Guess we get to spill all of our tea?" Josh smiled, and I did too. We were going to be "building chemistry" for 6 months. "So, I noticed you're off today, what happened?" I looked up at Josh, "Ethan broke it off after 2 years. I'm fine though." We walked onto the plane, "Liv, you're not fine. I've seen my sisters go through heartbreak, but we're leaving. You don't have to think about him." I nodded, Josh's advice sunk in as I sat down. "Thank you Josh." I pecked him on the cheek.

We talked about everything else that had happened in our lives, "What movie, Joshy?" Josh smiled, "HSM trilogy?" I nodded as we watched the movies. We laughed and talked through the boring parts and then the movies ended, "So Tim said we have to take photos for that instagram post for episode 1." Josh nodded, "When?" I smiled, "2 weeks, I'm amusing that he told you our living arrangements?" Josh looked confused, "I know we're living in a house, then we're moving out after 8 months." I went wide eyed, "I thought there was only 6 months." Josh shook his head.

We walked to our rental car, "What song?" I smiled, "High school musical duh!" We laughed and sang along, we got to the house, it was 2 stories! It had a open kitchen and living room layout, "I'll check out upstairs, you check out down here." I walked up the stairs, "JOSH! COME HERE!" He ran up the stairs, there was only ONE bedroom! "At least there's two beds, I can sleep on the couch, Liv." I shook my head, "Well if they want us to build chemistry, we'll abide by their rules. It's dinner time, wanna go to In N Out?" Josh nodded, "Let's unpack first." We unpacked and I noticed, "How could I be so stupid!" I shook my head.

"What is it Liv?" I looked at Josh, "I forgot all my fucking sweatshirts, how stupid of me!" Josh laughed, "I've got like 50 of them, just wear one!" I laughed, "Thank you, Joshy." We had a great time, and we went back to our room, "Why do you think Ethan did it? Is it something wrong with me?" Josh breathed out, "Look, Olivia you're so nice. Ethan is so dumb for leaving you. Absolutely nothing is wrong with you, he probably did it because he thought you'd replace him. But look, we've got this role of a lifetime. I know how much your career means to you." I let a few stray tears fall down, "Thank you Josh." I gave him a hug, and we watched TALBILB.

"Imagine if Tim and all the others saw that, we'd definitely have chemistry." Josh laughed, "Yeah, but as much as Noah and Lana." I looked at him and threw a pillow at him, "We DO too!" Josh laughed, and threw one back at me, we had a pillow fight and then picked up, "Thanks for getting my mind off of him." Josh smiled at me, "Anytime." Josh fell asleep while I did too, I woke up before him. I made breakfast "You look like THAT when you wake up? No wonder so many people are in love with Mr. Joshy Basset!" I teased, "Same for you, Miss. Livy Rodrigo!"

Today was a rainy day, "Do you wanna have a dance off in the rain?" Josh looked at me, "DUH!" I laughed and ran outside, we had a water proof speaker and danced, laughing uncontrollably, then a slow song came on, "May I have this dance?" Josh said bowing, "You may." I said and we danced, there was so much tension between us. The rain came down harder as the song ended and we went inside, "I call shower!" I ran trying not to get the floor too wet, and Josh ran behind me, "We have 2 showers you know!" We both took our showers and got ready.

I was falling for Joshua Taylor Basset.