chapter four

A lot of years later

Josh and Olivia have settled down, their first kid was now an 8th grader, their second child was a 6th grader. They moved to Salt Lake City so their kids could have a much quieter life. Olivia and Josh ended their acting careers after they announced the first pregnancy. Josh was a music teacher at East high, Olivia was the Principle. Their kids Emma and Daniel went to the elementary school for east high. Olivia and Josh had stayed back for 30 minutes for some alone time.

They walked into the house, Josh went to check on Emma who was hunched over on her bed, sobbing to herself. Josh ran to comfort his daughter, Olivia stood in the door and went to go help Dan with his homework, "He broke up with me!" Emma sobbed out, Josh's heart broke at the state of his daughter. "Why!" She continued to sob out, Josh didn't know what to do, "You and Mom make it look so easy!" Josh chuckled, "It's not as easy as it seems, Ems." She looked up, "Really?" Josh nodded, and Olivia came in. "So what are we gossiping about?"

Josh looked at his wife, "How Emma thinks that love is so easy!" Olivia chuckled, "It's not! Me and Dad went through a lot before we even GOT together in the first place." Josh and Olivia smiled, "Will you tell me HOW you guys fell in love? Please!!!" Josh laughed, "Fine! But no interrupting us!" Olivia started to tell her side of the story.

Olivias POV

I walked to the gate to board the plane, eyes still red from crying. Ethan broke up with me with the whole We live different lives and we'll never see each other excuse, that was bullshit. But I saw a good sign, Joshua. "Hey!" Josh ran over to me, "Hey, Livy!" I hugged him, we were going to be in Salt Lake City for a year and a half. I had already known Josh for a year.

"My seat is 14, what about you?" I smiled, "15! Guess we get to spill all of our tea?" Josh smiled, and I did too. We were going to be "building chemistry" for 6 months. "So, I noticed you're off today, what happened?" I looked up at Josh, "Ethan broke it off after 2 years. I'm fine though." We walked onto the plane, "Liv, you're not fine. I've seen my sisters go through heartbreak, but we're leaving. You don't have to think about him." I nodded, Josh's advice sunk in as I sat down. "Thank you Josh." I pecked him on the cheek.

We talked about everything else that had happened in our lives, "What movie, Joshy?" Josh smiled, "HSM trilogy?" I nodded as we watched the movies. We laughed and talked through the boring parts and then the movies ended, "So Tim said we have to take photos for that instagram post for episode 1." Josh nodded, "When?" I smiled, "2 weeks, I'm amusing that he told you our living arrangements?" Josh looked confused, "I know we're living in a house, then we're moving out after 8 months." I went wide eyed, "I thought there was only 6 months." Josh shook his head.

We walked to our rental car, "What song?" I smiled, "High school musical duh!" We laughed and sang along, we got to the house, it was 2 stories! It had a open kitchen and living room layout, "I'll check out upstairs, you check out down here." I walked up the stairs, "JOSH! COME HERE!" He ran up the stairs, there was only ONE bedroom! "At least there's two beds, I can sleep on the couch, Liv." I shook my head, "Well if they want us to build chemistry, we'll abide by their rules. It's dinner time, wanna go to In N Out?" Josh nodded, "Let's unpack first." We unpacked and I noticed, "How could I be so stupid!" I shook my head.

"What is it Liv?" I looked at Josh, "I forgot all my fucking sweatshirts, how stupid of me!" Josh laughed, "I've got like 50 of them, just wear one!" I laughed, "Thank you, Joshy." We had a great time, and we went back to our room, "Why do you think Ethan did it? Is it something wrong with me?" Josh breathed out, "Look, Olivia you're so nice. Ethan is so dumb for leaving you. Absolutely nothing is wrong with you, he probably did it because he thought you'd replace him. But look, we've got this role of a lifetime. I know how much your career means to you." I let a few stray tears fall down, "Thank you Josh." I gave him a hug, and we watched TALBILB.