oneshot 6

pregnancy

as olivia sat in the bathroom of her newly purchased house, in which she shared with her new husband joshua she panicked.

this was the 3rd pregnancy test that she had took that had come up positive, and as she looked at the golden retriever in front of her she patted her head.

"rosie, you're gonna have a human brother or sister!" the dog excitedly wagged it's tail, and olivia walked out of the bathroom.

the house was decorated to be gender neutral, with pictures of the couple everywhere. most including their friends and family.

olivias friend had bought her a package of pregnancy tests awhile back, because she had a pregnancy scare. it wasn't like they weren't safe.

olivia put the pregnancy test away in her night stand, she had taken a day off because she was "sick" and she couldn't stop throwing up.

the morning sickness she had experienced was what prompted her to take the test. with olivia being only 24 she was terrified.

she let rosie outside and sighed, she was going to have to tell josh. but she didn't know how, or when. she quickly made dinner, and stuck it in the fridge.

josh and olivia had barely eaten meals together anymore, but it wasn't like they were falling apart. it was only the days that olivia had taken off that this would happen.

as she fed the dog and went on her phone, her husband had come home, early. she smiled and engulfed him in a hug, as she led him to their room she knew it was time.

as josh was distracted she stuck the test in her pocket, she turned to her husband. "josh, there's something i've gotta tell you."

he reluctantly nodded, and she pulled out the test and gave it to him. his face went from shocked to happy without hesitation.

"i'm gonna be a dad!" olivia nodded and he picked his wife up and twirled her around. she giggled, and for the next few months everything was great.

then 9 months later, gracie elaine basset and joesph frances basset were born. gracie had a head of brown curly hair and dark brown eyes, whilst joesph had hazel eyes and brown straight hair.

as joshua had his daughter, and olivia had her son josh chuckled, "she's gonna be your little princess isn't she?" josh nodded at his wife.

they were the happiest they had ever been.