Chapter 12

Haiden (Kaiser)

They couldn't have found me....

I knew those eyes that were staring back into mine. If he's here that must mean all of them are here, just my damn luck.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you" I quickly told him

He was staring at me with this look on his face like he was trying to figure out something. He finally realized that it was starting to become awkward so he spoke.

"No problem beautiful, I'm Ayiden by the way and can I get your name love" he told me trying to see if I was the person he was searching for I guess.

"My name is—"

"Kaiser!! you know you run fast as hell, why would you do that" Sterling said, interrupting me.

"I'm really  sorry Sterling, but we should get to work now" I said without giving him or Ayiden a second glance.

As I made my way to open up the shack I couldn't help to think about Ayiden. Nothings  changed  on that kid, he looked exactly the same. I don't know if I was happy or scared to see him.

I knew a day like this would come, I knew I couldn't hide forever, but I also know that I'm not the same girl and I won't be going down without a fight.

"Hey what was all that back there? Who was that guy?" Sterling asked

" I don't know I ran into him while running away from you" I said hoping he would drop it.

"Well I'm glad to hear that because he's a pretty cool dude, so cool that I invited him and his family over here for drinks". Sterling kept talking but I  stopped listening after the "invited" part.

"Hellooooooo, earth to Kaiser"  Sterling shouted as he snapped his fingers in my face.

"That's great Sterling" I gave a fake smile and started cutting up fruits

"That was a fake smile. What's wrong?" he asked in a serious tone

"Nothing, I'm just not feeling good today." I told him while still cutting fruit.

Before he could protest, his name was call causing us to both look up.

Ayiden and Sterling did a bro handshake like they've been knowing each other for years. Which was strange I have to admit, but that's just how Sterling is. One day that kids friendliness will get him killed.

As I called it earlier, the whole group was here. I wanted to hide, but I knew that it was going to draw too much attention to me. My plan is to go with the flow and test out the waters.

The strange thing was I didn't see Kodí at all so maybe it won't be to bad.

Sterling was making everyone's orders while I was up front taking orders. I kept my eyes to myself but my guard was up.

I was not with all the extra shit today, I checked out our last few costumers in line and decided to go help sterling in the back.

After helping him I started to wipe down his area. I was in my own little world when I heard a bell sound meaning we had more customers.

As if my day couldn't get any better, the people that were up to order was Kodí, Julie and a little boy who looked like a mixture of the two.

I took their order praying that they wouldn't recognize me.
I was getting ready to give them their total Julie just had to open her mouth.
"Hey you look really familiar, have we met before?"
She said, causing Kodí to look into my eyes.

Kodí's not a dumb man and I knew as soon as he would look into my eyes, he would know it was me.

"I don't believe so, unless you came to this shack before." Before she could ask more questions I gave them their total and shipped them on their way.

Kodí was still staring at me and I was starting to get pissed off but I knew I had to keep it cool as a cucumber.
...
Awhile later, we were closing up and Sterling ask if I would go to this beach party with him tonight. I really just wanted to go home and stay there but he has a way of always getting his way.

When we got home, we quickly changed and called up Brennan. I was getting changed and something a crossed my mind who was hosting this beach event.

"STERLING"
no answer

"STERLING"
still no answer

I know this man hears me, where the hell is he. Heading downstairs I heard the boys in the kitchen, as soon as I turn the corner, a shot was in my face.

"You didn't hear me calling you?" I asked with some attitude

"Nope I was kinda busy" he said with a smirk still holding up the shot glass

Brennan was harassing my dog which he claims the he is his "god baby" and Sterling is doing shots, how wonderful.

"Guys seriously come see" Sterling said

When we were all gathered in my kitchen he started talking again

"We all remember the party rules right" we shook our heads

" Alright, now you two take these and we'll be on the way" he said handing us shit glasses fill with brown liquid.

I threw mine back and said
"Welp here's to partying like we're teenagers again"

A/N
STAY TUNE FOR MORE