Rabbit

Punk

┊ ⋆ ┊   .   ┊   ┊
┊    ┊⋆     ┊   .
┊    ┊       ⋆˚              
✧.  ┊

Plants stinging her skin as she runs through bushes and trees. She heard gunshots behind her and fear made her wanna fall to the ground and let nature tangle around her limbs, pulling her under the rich earth.

But she ran uphill, till her sweat was cold and she wanted to throw up. Reaching her destination, she grapples up onto a ledge, she looks down below into a dark cave. He told her how to but she couldn't think. She stepped off the rock and she descended downward.

When she wakes up, forcing herself onto her feet. She felt energized, but her head hurt. She pulled her flashlight from her coat and made her way into the cave, and it got lighter because of an opening. It was blocked by some bush and flowers, but pushing them aside you could see what used to be Holland Valley.

The light that was led in, revealed what was on the walls of the cave. Swirls, sketches, drawings, and feelings were on the rock that surrounded her. And they were hers.

Pushing aside some bushes that started to branch into the cave, a basket with holes held several types of media. A small bag filled with paint tubes, brushes wrapped in rubber bands, a plastic container filled with chalk and a few spray paint cans, the orange was empty, but there was blue, yellow, and pink.

She pulls them all out and she tries to draw something but tears kept flowing from her eyes and her fingers wouldn't stop trembling. The chalky texture rubbing onto her cold sweaty fingers. She grunts in frustration, throwing down the blue stick, breaking it into pieces onto the rocky floor.

Rubbing her hands against her dirty jeans, she let herself sob. It was until she heard some rock hit against some rock, she tensed up. She rubs her eyes with her gray jacket sleeves and stands up, glancing into the dark cave. She slowly walks towards the corner and peaks, then hearing a yell and a large thud, and just a second after, another one. Groans were heard and then cursing.

"What the..? A cave?"

"Dude.. come here..."

She tries to make out what had happened and when she had, shock flows across her skin and she freezes. Two males, dressed in biker armor. Red, black and white, with bandanas or helmets. She hid around the corner, only listening after seeing who they were.

"Get up man, we gotta get back to the group."

"I...I don't think I can."

"What? What are you talking about, it wasn't that bad of a fall... my ankle might be sprained though."

"I can't feel my legs man..."

"I can't see, let me find my gun."

She heard scrambling, then a click, "Oh god...no.. You cannot fucking die from falling into a cave!"

"At least I'm not dying a virgin..."

"Quit joking around, come on, let me pick you up."

"No man...quit. I can't move... I'm feeling tired... I'll just lay here..."

"Don't you go to sleep! Dude! Wake the fuck up!"

She heard silence and she peaked again, seeing the male with blood over his face and a sharp rock protruding from his leg. The light from the other's gun moved down to his shoes as if he didn't wanna look at his fallen comrade.

"Dammit!"

She jumps at the male's outburst, causing her show to make a noise and she hears silence. Oh no... She gets up and starts to scramble over to the opening, but she feels a force slam her into the cave wall. She is pushed against the jagged rock and a pistol is pointed at her temple. A gloved hand was up against her neck, making her afraid to even breathe.

"Who the fuck... oh.. You... the other daughter from that family. So this is where you went."

He looks around at her art and he narrows his eyes, looking back at her as she struggles against his grip.

"Quit moving rabbit," He threatens, kicking at her box of art supplies. "You did all this?"

She hesitates before she nods, eyeing him as she tries not to panic. This is where it ends...

"You're coming with me."

"Wh...What?"

He binds her wrists and her face is slammed into the cave wall, as she hears him talk into his radio, "This is Gunner. We lost Clay and I need a cage truck, can anyone pick me up?"

Next thing she knew they arrived at a very ashy place with burnt trees, and a large reinforced building with busses sticking out of the ground and a giant eye on the front gate. She notices people getting pushed around and beat on. She is taken to the roof where two girls and a man hang around a couch on a higher platform.

"What have you brought us, Gunner?" The one in blue asks. She had dark skin, dark hair in two short french braids. She looked almost as young as her. She felt small under their eyes. They intimidated her, so she stayed still and quiet.

"Send her with the others if you are here to just waste our time." The one in pink comments, not even a second after. Her hair was similar to the one in blue, but it was in a small version of cornrows. She leaned against the armrest, with her arms crossed, eyeing them both from the platform.

There were boxes, loud music, and people with more biker armor surrounding them as Gunner spoke with confidence, "I found the daughter of that cabin my group raided. She was in a cave nearby. She paints."

"Didn't Clay go with you?" The man with lighter skin and dark hair says from on the couch. His eyes were cold, he scared her more than anyone here.

"He didn't make it back with me."

"Disappointing." The man mumbles.

The one in blue stood up and stepped down the two stairs to approach her. She looks her up and down and almost scoffs. "Let's have her prove it. Right now."

An older female with a mask on shoved a box of paints at her and stood back. Gunner did too, crossing his arms and eyeing her. Now that she realized it, everyone on this rooftop was staring at her. Some bumping music played through the speakers. Highwaymen young and older. The older man, Vince, just laughed and motioned his hand.

"Alright, let's see how she does."

Gulping and setting down the box, she looked through it to only find spray paint. She took them out and looked up at the twins and the older man. The pink one scoffs.

"Do something or I'll be the one painting the floors with you."

She nods and thinks of something fast as the bikers around her laughed. She stood up but leaned over, immediately getting to work. After a certain amount of time, she stood up, finished with her final project. The paint was on her hands and a bit on her face as she looked up at the twins.

"Well, shit Gunner." The old man says smirking.

"This one is alright." The one in pink laughs and goes down to look better. "She knows art doesn't she!"

She painted the two sisters facing each other, the one in pink with pink hair, smirking and the one in blue with blue hair laughing, with their rightful skin colors, white stars on their cheeks, arrows, jagged lines and white crowns floating above their heads.

She felt like she could have done better, but the two girls seemed rather pleased. So did the man behind them, who just nodded at her work. Relief spread across her chest and the blue one nodded at some bikers behind her.

"Take her to a garage, she's a Highwayman now."

-lynnii
┊ ⋆ ┊   .   ┊   ┊
┊    ┊⋆     ┊   .
┊    ┊       ⋆˚              
✧.  ┊