Falling

Punk

┊ ⋆ ┊   .   ┊   ┊
┊    ┊⋆     ┊   .
┊    ┊       ⋆˚              
✧.  ┊

After a day, the next thing she knew she was hopping in a truck and headed towards a garage. It wasn't very pretty on the outside, with the only thing making it visually appealing was the bright pink flowers. Dirt had blown up its sides and covered the roof. A barred up window and a door looked like the only entrance inside.

She pulls her bag of brushes from the back and walks over to Gunner as he pulls a key from his pocket.

"Wow. Fancy." She says and he turns to glance at her, raising an eyebrow. The awkwardness seemed to wear off with the thumping music and them happening to pass a scene where a Monstrous Buffalo was attacking some low leveled highwaymen with just pistols. She had laughed because they were idiots, and Gunner was laughing because one of them got launched through the air by the moss covered animal.

She shouldn't have laughed, especially since they both ended up dying probably, but who has a high enough ego to fight a buffalo with nothing but a pistol?

"Sometimes those damned scavengers have tried gettin' in here, so I gotta keep it locked up. They are such a pain in the ass..."

He gets the door open and suddenly, the look of the inside made her remember not to judge a book by its cover. The inside was lit by pink, blue, and regular lights. A low thump of a radio in the corner hummed in her ears as they stepped onto the concrete that could use a little sweeping,

Tables lined the walls with supplies she could and couldn't guess the names of. There were also two cars, because that's how big it was. There was also a large door behind the cars, where you could drive in and out. It must have been behind the hill...

"Yellow... I even got some blue and green. I might have you add some small lining to it or something, er.. I don't know, you're the artist or whatever."

She closes the door behind them so the dust doesn't blow in and she walks over to the table where his uniform was folded nicely. She pulls some light tarp and spreads it out on the ground, then laying out the uniform.

"I may be the artist but my job right now is to paint your uniform."

"Well...I don't know what I want. Just make it look good."

"You're an elite right? Why don't you just stay pink like the others?"

"Most of those fucks in there are as high as their ego half the time." He says, pulling some bottled drink from a small cooler. He pops it open and drinks some. "Which is why I want to be different."

"Oh, 'cause you aren't like them in any way?"

She questions and he glances at her, while she looks away, acting like she hadn't said anything.

"You know, you're doing a lot more talkin' than paintin'." He says and she smiles slightly, stirring the yellow paint in the bucket.

"Then turn the music up." She says back and she gets started, eyeing the uniform and coming up with designs in her head. She then hears the radio get louder and she glances as he bumps his head to the music while downing most of the bottle. Highwaymen... they are all the same, no matter what they claim.

She starts covering the red with white, then yellow after it dries. She does add some blue and green, but not so much that it stuck out. She doesn't realize how much time has passed until she noticed that light didn't shine through the barred up window.

She stands up, her legs feeling a bit stiff. She turns to see Gunner laying on his couch, looking through the bottom of an empty bottle. Oh yeah, he's out of it.