•☆ 2 ☆•

After the two had went to Hop's they chatted a bit, and watched t.v together. Normal things two friends would do. After a while of just passing time together, Leon came into the living room fighting the urge to grin like a small kid trying to suppress a secret. "Hop, Victor," they both turned their head away from the t.v, curiously staring at their champion, "come outside, I have a surprise for you two." Hop stood up the fastest, swishing past his brother who stood in the doorway. Victor and Leon laughed at his childish ways, stepping outside. Three pokemon were playing with one another. Victor's mouth fell open as he looked at the three pokemon all happily playing with each other.

"Wow! Pokemon!" Victor immediately bent over softly stroking the Grookey that relaxed into the touch happily squeaking. Victor hadn't had a pokemon. He came from the Kalos region, but he was too young to have a pokemon sadly. He dreamt of being a pokemon trainer and today his dream might finally come true. His soft, bright eyes went from pokemon to pokemon, admiring everyone of their cute selves. "They're so cute! Since when were pokemon so adorable?" He placed the Grookey in his arms hugging it. Surprisingly the chimp pokemon was quick to warm up to the stranger, happily nuzzling into his chest. "This one is really cute!" He exclaimed, excitedly looking from Leon to Hop hoping he could keep it. "Wait– this is the surprise, right? We get to choose a pokemon?" Victor asked; his voice wavering as he did so. Leon grinned, puffing out his chest.

"Yep."

"Yes!" Hop pumped the air with his fist bending over to look at the tiny pokemon who he obviously still towered over like a skyscraper. He gazed at his friend who was in complete awe of the pokemon he was hugging. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "You can choose first." Hop told Victor who's head snapped his way.

"Really?! You mean it?!" Hop found his excitement endearing.

"Of course." Victor gasped happily, petting the small pokemon in his arms. "So," Hop bent over the kneeling Victor asking the obvious, "which pokemon are you going to pick?"

"This one!" Victor beamed at the small pokemon resting on his chest. Leon smiled at his enthusiasm.

"That's Grookey."

Victor looked down at the grookey. "I'm Victor, your new partner. You and I are going to win lots of battles!" Victor told it. His determination put the pokemon into a daze of admiration.

Hop scanned the two pokemon beside one another. One was a small energetic rabit pokemon, while the other was a rather slow frog pokemon. The blue pokemon looked up at him with soft eyes that instantly won Hop over. He held his hand out to the Sobble. Sobble pushed its head into his hand, allowing Hop to gently stroke the pokemon. "I choose you, Sobble." Hop smiled sweeping the pokemon up into his arms. Hop had already had experience with pokemon and had done his research before his brother came for a visit. He placed the pokemon down, placing it into it's pokeball that Leon handed him. "Victor," Victor stood up flashing a grin at Hop instantly knowing what was to come even though he had never experienced one himself, "I challenge you to a pokemon battle."

"Alright! Let's do this Grookey." The chimp pokemon squeaked running out onto the small 'field'. Hop sent out his Wooloo that he had been with since he was around five.

"Come on Wooloo, use tackle!" The Wooloo hurled itself at its opponent.

"Grookey, dodge it, quick!" The tackle skimmed the chimp. "Use tackle!" Tackle and growl being the only move it used, he used the only damaging one. The sheep pokemon was a tad slow, so it didn't have time to dodge the attack. "Good job Grookey!" Victor shouted wanting to clap for his small partner.

"Wooloo use tackle again!"

The grookey hadn't dodged that time. He took the hit, instantly bouncing back and knocking Hop's pokemon out. Hop called in his pokemon. He sighed but wore a smile, "Sorry Wooloo.." The slightly taller of the two called out Sobble. The pokemon happily croaked ready for battle.

"Grookey use–" The Grookey used leafage without command pleasantly surprising its owner. 'It learned leafage! Nice!' He thought to himself commanding it to use leafage again before the Sobble could make a move. It was super effective and the battle was ended pretty quickly. Victor clapped and hopped around excitedly swinging his pokemon around with his movements. "Good job Grookey! Thank you!"

"Sorry Sobble.. we won't lose next time." He smirked at Victor more or less directing that to his new rival.

Victor returned the mischievous smile with one of his own. "I look forward to our next battle, Hoppy." He teased with the nickname knowing Hop always hated it. Though, when Victor called him that his smile staggered and he became red in the face.

"Don't call me that..." He mumbled walking past his friend to hug his brother and thank him. "Thanks Lee."

"No problem. That was a nice battle." He embraced his younger brother. "You have a long ways to go."

"I know." Hop smiled up at him, his blush finally leaving his face. "I'm excited for my new adventure." Hop told Leon.

"Adventures? What exactly will you be doing?" He raised an eyebrow, releaseing from the hug.

Victor walked up behind Hop, "I was hoping you could endorse us.." Hop said hopefully. Victor gasped at that thought. He now had a pokemon which officially made him a trainer, and now he could possibly take on gym leaders.

"Leon! Can you?! That would be amazing!" Victor gasped putting his hands together, " I always wanted to be a trainer! I really want to face loads of strong trainers!"

Hop smiled at that. "We could go on adventures together." He said facing Victor with the sweetest expression ever. Victor looked at his friend with the weakest of all hearts. Victor really had a soft spot for his friend. The way Hop smiled like that and made him feel so strange and oddly happy. He never really had these types of feeling for a friend so he was beyond confused. Why Hop? It didn't mean anything, right? He brushed the feeling off.

"Yeah!" Victor nodded.

Leon scratched the back of his head wincing at the two kids in front of him, "Ahh.. we'll see.. for now go get some rest. The both of you." He told the two who obliged, both saying their goodbyes and leaving for home.