Christmas ♔ Presents

sorry if you don't celebrate Christmas 

"Kurapika, we're meeting at my apartment this time, okay? I already set up the tree and it's bid enough for all of us."

Leorio was calmly telling the blonde over the phone that he would be hosting the Christmas party this year, and not him. Kurapika desperately wanted to host it this year (as to why, his friends were clueless), but Leorio insisted that he could handle it.

"Fine, Leorio, we can have it at your place. But I'm doing it next year."  Leorio groaned at his stubborn friend and complied.

"Sure. Remember, Christmas is in two days, come at around eleven a.m. Bring everyone's presents!"

"I know, I know."

"Okay, good. I have to go, see you there! Bye!"

"Bye." Kurapika hung up and looked around his room at the presents he bought his friends. Shopping for them was hard, but he eventually picked out what he thought they would like a few days prior. The hardest person, though, was Alluka. He didn't have much experience when it came to buying Christmas presents for little girls.

Killua said she didn't really like toys, but she liked stuffed animals. Kurapika had gotten her a few of those, but she still had a smaller amount of gifts then the others. He wasn't sure what else to get her.

Looking around his room, he suddenly had an idea. How he didn't think of it earlier, he couldn't fathom, but regardless it was a good gift. Two days later, he was completely set for exchanging gifts.

==+==

Walking up to the large apartment, the Christmas-themed blonde opened the unlocked door with his foot and walked in, his hands full of pristinely wrapped gifts. When he walked into the living room, Gon rushed to him so he could help carry the presents to the tree. 

Kurapika noticed that there were already a large pile of items under the tree, the majority of them poorly wrapped. He knew Gon promised he would buy tons of presents for his friends, but he didn't expect that many. Then, he thought of the Hunter's card Gon had, and that explained how he got them all.

"Thank you, Gon." 

The boy didn't respond until both of them had set down the boxes, and threw himself at Kurapika for a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever! I've been traveling too much. . ."

Kurapika returned the hug and they walked to the kitchen, where they could tell Leorio was making a mess of something. "It must be fun traveling around with your dad, Gon. We all missed you."

"I missed all of you guys!"

The pair walked into the kitchen and found Leorio wearing an apron, frantically walking from counter to stove to fridge to microwave as he attempted to make a decent lunch for the special occasion. Of course, the only thing he had ever made before was instant ramen and cereal, so it was practically chaos.

"Woah, Leorio, need some help?"  Kurapika sighed and smiled at the sight, admiring the attempts of his goofy friend.

"No! Everything is going smoothly!" Kurapika ignored his friend as he walked to the counter and quickly got the gist of what he was trying to make, dicing and stirring and mixing until Leorio noticed.

"Hey, since when do you know how to cook?" The brunette asked, looking over his shoulder to see what he was doing. Kurapika calmly continued to cut up some vegetables.