five

As I walked in my house, I did my usual routine. Ignore everyone and get to my room as fast as possible. I threw my bag down in a random corner, thankful for not having any homework and made my way to the bathroom.

I had this small obsession with showering, simply because I could sit on the shower floor and just think, be alone. It's not like anyone ever really came in my room bothering me too much, but in the shower I was guaranteed alone time.

Once I was done sitting in the shower, which consisted of me staying in until the water ran cold like usual, I got out and put my hair up in a towel. My hair is too long to spend time drying it with a hair dryer, that would take decades and quite frankly I didn't care enough to dry and style my hair.

I plopped down on my bed, thinking back to today. It was a typical day, except lunch. I have been trying to figure out all afternoon why Luke Hemmings decided to talk to me, how he even found me, and how he even knew I existed?

He introduced himself, wondering if I knew him or not, who doesn't know him? He's quite popular, I have been going to school with him for years, he lives in the same neighborhood as me, hell! I'm pretty sure my parents are friends with his, of course I know who he is.

When he talked to me today, he actually seemed nice, not like the typical rude and arrogant high school boy. Then again, I still don't know why he was even talking to me, for all I know it was probably for some dare. I even showed him my art, which surprised me because I never show anyone my art, most people don't even know I draw.

Whatever, I wasn't going to think much of it. It was a one time thing, I'm still Violet, the girl that doesn't speak, the girl that goes unnoticed. Now that I'm thinking about it, I went the whole day, besides Luke, without being noticed. Occasionally this girl Ashely, the schools bitch, will mess with me but that's because she's the popular girl, and that's what they're suppose to do, right? Embarrass everyone to make themselves feel better?

I realized I hadn't spoken to my parents in a while, which isn't anything unusual. I just noticed it's been longer then usual. I liked this, not talking to my mother hardly ever. Ever since I started distancing myself, going to school, coming home, and going right to my room, she doesn't have time to mess with me.

I'll never want anything to do with her, she's messed up far too much and the second I'm done with high school, I'm gone. She's left far too much emotional damage to repair any chance of a good relationship we could've ever had. Being called down for dinner soon interrupted my thoughts and decided on actually going down for once.

I hadn't eaten a full meal in a long time and even though I would come right back up to throw it up, I still wanted to eat for once. I almost talked myself out of it, knowing I would have to make small talk and I wouldn't even be able to eat much because my stomach had shrunk so much, not that I was complaining, I loved it actually.

"Oh, wow. Violet, you came down." My sister, Kiera, said, and I just shrugged while sitting down at the table.

My mother placed a piece of lasagna on my plate, giving me a small smile that I chose to ignore. Once again, my father wasn't at the table, assuming he was working late which didn't affect me at this point. I instantly started to not feel well after a few bites but I pushed through it, knowing it would level down any suspicion if I came down to eat once in a while. We kept up small talk, more as in I either nodded my head or shrugged my shoulders when asked for input.

I ran upstairs, locking my door, and plugging in my iPod. I put it on shuffle, and quite loudly before heading to the bathroom. Doing what I was so accustom to doing. I looked in the mirror once I was done, wanting to cry at the reflection. Yes, I hated the way I looked but I was also a mess. I had every single problem you could possibly name, between the self harm and eating disorders, I couldn't keep up with myself.

It was times like this I realized it was good I kept to myself. I couldn't keep all of this up if I had a friend, or even boyfriend, not that that's happening any time soon, if ever. I got lonely, really lonely sometimes but I tried to push it away because I realized I could be surrounded by 1000 people I know quite well and I would still feel alone.

-

I decided to walk to school early for once, which was a bad idea. See, normally I wait to leave until there's exactly enough time that it takes to get to school left but it was a good morning so I decided to head out early and walk slow, that was until I heard my name being called. The familiar voice from yesterday ringing through my ears as I mutter a "are you kidding me" to myself. I wanted to run and hide but I knew it was too late.

"Hey, Violet. I didn't know you lived in my neighborhood." Of course you didn't, you don't know even know me.

I was kind of annoyed since I wanted to be alone, and I wasn't going to talk anyways so I don't know why he even bothered. I didn't even acknowledge him for a while, no glance up at him or anything.

"You look nice." He smiled at me, that stupid fucking smile. I wanted to ask him why he walked to school instead of taking the bus, but obviously I wasn't going to open my mouth and ask that.

I looked down, taking in my attire. I was wearing black skinny jeans, typical, regular skater shoes and a hoodie with my favorite bands logo on it. Nothing special, so I once again, ignored his presence and his compliment hoping he'd go away. Of course he didn't.

"I hope you don't mind me walking with you, you know since you don't talk and all I don't know if you'd tell me to fuck off or not." He giggled, making me want to laugh and I let out something but immediately closed my mouth hoping he didn't hear.

School was going okay until we got to English. I was paying extra attention like usual, simply because this was my favorite class but when it was almost over Mrs. Delores called me up, making me nervous as to what she was going to say. I got even more nervous as I saw Luke standing beside her, remembering he's in this class with me.

"Violet, this is Luke. I need you to tutor him." I wouldn't be surprised if my mouth was open from shock.

"Mrs. Delores, she doesn't even talk though, how is this going to work?"

"Violet, you never talk? I thought you were just really quiet." I shook my head, informing that no, at school, I never talk.

"Well, you're my best student Violet, I have never had a better student than you and this is the only class Luke isn't doing well in. I want you to start in a week, stay after school, go to each other's houses, I don't care just figure something out."

I was so dumbfounded, I had to tutor Luke. He had to of set this up, it can't be a coincidence that all of the sudden the kid that for whatever reason takes an interest in me is also that kid I have to end up tutoring. I don't talk, how is this even going to work?

-

This was like really random I don't know, I didn't plan on this happening but I decided to throw it in there because why not lol please remember to vote if you'd like it and leave feedback in the comments; thank you (: