eighteen

I did a lot of thinking on my way to school, mainly about Luke because what else do I have to think about? After putting a lot of thought into it, I think I am ready to finally give him a chance. How much harm can it cause? Just because I become friends with him doesn't mean I have to spill all my secrets, I can pretend that I'm getting better, that I'm okay. I can act happy around him, maybe it'll fool me into actually believing I'm happy for a while.

-

After school Luke found me as we headed back to my place to study. I still don't understand why I am studying him or how he even has a bad grade because he seems to understand everything perfectly.

"Oh, Luke. It's lovely to see you again." My mother smiled as we walked in the door, making me groan and roll my eyes.

"We're going upstairs to study."

"Okay, I'll get dinner started." She said, a bit too joyfully.

"You didn't even ask him if he could stay, maybe he doesn't want to or maybe he has somewhere to go." I snapped.

"It's okay, Violet. I can stay." Luke smiled warmly, easily just trying to drop this conversation.

I didn't waste anytime taking out everything we needs and placing it on the floor for us to begin. Of course, after a while I was getting irritated with the fact that Luke was doing just fine with all of this.

"Luke?" I said as he looked up.

"How is it you had a bad grade yet you do all of this no problem?"

"If I tell you do you promise not to hate me?"

"No promises."

"I may or may not have purposely done bad and asked the teacher to put us together so we could talk again." He explained hesitantly and though I wasn't too fond of it, it was nothing to hate him over.

"Anyways, I did a lot of thinking and I'm going to give you a chance." I said while flipping through the pages of my study guide.

"Really?"

"Yes. Plus, you don't seem like you're giving up anytime soon so, why not?"

He nodded with a smile plastered on his face then began putting everything away. I just figured since he let out that he practically didn't need any help, that we were done with the whole tutor thing but he had something else planned.

"Let's get to know each other, yeah?" He sat, legs crossed, in front of me.

"Sure." I said even though I knew I sounded as hesitant as I was.

"Favorite color? Mines blue."

"Black." I answered a she muttered a "typical" then laughed.

"Favorite book?"

"Anything mystery or romance."

"If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"

"Somewhere like England or Australia."

"Hey! I'm from Australia."

"I know, promise to take me one day?"

"Promise." He smiled before asking another question.

"Are you the type of person to wait for the right person or marriage, or just give it to someone random?"

"I already lost it." I said, quickly slapping my hands over my mouth.

"What?" He looked up quickly.

"To who?" He added, raising an eyebrow.

"Just, someone."

"Are they from school? Do I know them? When was it?"

"Yes, possibly, and freshman year." I added quietly.

"Do you regret it?"

"Actually, no. I mean, sure, I was young but that's the only fault I have with it. I really liked the person at the time and it was a nice experience so in retrospect, there's nothing to regret." I smiled at the memory.

"Do you mind me asking what happened?"

"I-uh, well... I wasn't even dating the person and that probably sounds bad but we were friends for years and we both really liked each other, I just started pushing everyone away that year and I pushed him too far. We just didn't talk much after that year but it's not awkward between us or anything."

"I want to ask why you pushed everyone away but I will save that for another time because I think you've opened up enough for today." He smiled at me before we heard my mother calling us down for dinner.

(After a very tension filled dinner.)

"Do you, uhm, well, do you want to come over to my apartment? You can officially meet Ashton, and Michael will be there if that's okay with you? I figured you wouldn't want to meet Calum yet since he goes to our school but you seemed okay with Michael."

"Yeah, that's fine. Let me go put my shoes on and we can head out."

The entire way back to his place consisted of him trying to comfort me and tell me I would be fine, which got annoying since for once I actually felt fine, like meeting someone new wasn't going to make me pass out.

"Violet, Ashton. Ashton, Violet." Luke introduced us.

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled, but Ashton went straight for the hug which would normally freak me out but I remained relaxed.

"Where's my hug?" Michael pouted from behind us before walking up to me to get the hug that was oh so necessary.

We spent the rest of the night watching countless movies and playing dumb games but for once I was finally enjoying myself and I could tell that Luke saw that.

-

Okay so this is a very short stupid messy filler type chapter but I pROoooMise things start picking up next chapter like I'm how u guys are where you just want them to get together already but I don't want to just jump into it like "Violet will u go out with me ?1?1?" "Yes luke!1!! I love you!1!1'" you know? lol

((I really am sorry for this chapter it's awful I know omg))

but thanks for the feedback guys (: votes are cool and all but comments really let me know how you guys feel and that makes me happy u guys are lovely