thirty six

Michael and I had been spending a lot of time together lately, though I'm sure Luke wasn't happy about it but why would he be? I still hadn't gotten around to talking to him.

My thoughts were all so jumbled and the bad ones were pushing their way back up again, I figured later tonight I could go get drunk but I still planned on hanging out with Michael and Ashton today.

I was silently hoping they weren't pulling some trick to get Luke and I to talk again. I just simply wasn't ready, I think I had practically moved on from the other day but that "don't let him in again" thing was still there, clouding my mind and pushing away any simple thought of letting him back in.

"What are we doing today?" I asked.

"We're meeting up with Ashton at the mall, we'll probably go shopping, be our typical weird selves then get something to eat and head home." Michael looked over at me briefly to smile them return his attention back on the road.

-

"Hey Ash, I've missed you." I walked up to him, giving him a quick hug.

"You too, how've you been?"

"Alright." Though we both knew that was a lie.

Part of me just wanted to stay in bed all day, but I knew it was best for me to get out for a while because it's an easy distraction from everything going on, of course, it was odd being out with both of Luke's best mates but they were my friends too and I needed to just try my best to not think about him right now.

I quickly snapped out of the daze and caught up to the boys, joining in on their conversation and putting on my happy face.

"We're going to head to the arcade first and relive our childhood, then we can go shopping, then eat, does that sound good?" Michael turned to me and asked, I just nodded.

As much as I liked the plan, when we got there I didn't do much. I went off on my own, playing a game here or there, and when I was with the boys I did my best to put on a happy face. I just wasn't feeling well today but I was doing and alright job at concealing it.

"Now that we're done acting like kids, where do you wanna go eat?" Michael asked.

"I don't care." I mumbled, Ashton shrugged his shoulders, leaving it up to Michael to respond.

He ended up picking a small burger joint in the food court, I wasn't planning on eating so I was being honest when I said I didn't care where we went.

"Violet, what do you want?"

"I'm not really hungry, thank you though."

"Are you sure?" Michael added.

"Uh, yeah."

While Michael and Ashton went to go order, I found us a place to sit, pulling out my phone and typing in the passcode. I realized I had another text from Luke but I didn't even bother looking at it, knowing if I did there was a good chance I would respond.

I didn't even noticed that the boys had returned until they started engaging in their own conversation. That was until Ashton felt it necessary to bring up Luke.

"So, how are you and Luke?"

"We're not talking." I said blankly.

"Okay, I'm going to cut to the chase, Luke has been a mess ever since you stopped talking to him. He messed up, yes, but he loves you so much. The kid needs you."

"Did you bring me here just to talk about Luke?" I turned to Michael.

"Not to just talk about him." Instead of scoffing like I usually would, I let out a giggle.

"Look guys, I'm not never talking to him again, I just still need to sort some stuff out, give it time."

-

"Michael, I'm going to some party tonight, okay?"

"Really? Are you driving yourself? If you are, be safe, and don't drink much and call me if you need me."

I had no plan of going to a party, I had a plan of getting liquor, drinking it straight from the bottle and driving around. Little did I know what the night had in-store for me.

-

Ok don't tell me this isn't a bad chapter bc it really is and it's so short but I just needed to get to what I'm getting to next chapter without just jumping into it (-:

I really don't think you guys are ready for next chapter.... a lot goes down and that's why I want to put it all into one chap instead of ending it on suspense and leaving u guys sad you'll see what I'm talking about I'll be updating v soon