twenty two

"You're crushing on him, aren't you?" Ashton asked from beside me, making me jump slightly.

Luke had mentioned a 'get together' he and ash were having, and of course, insisted that I go. Since it wasn't going to be some huge rave I decided, why not? But there were still many people cram packed into this apartment with alcohol and who knows what else flying around.

"What? No." I tried to play it off, but even I knew what I was feeling wasn't just friendly anymore and that terrifies me.

"Oh, please. Violet, you're glaring as hard as someone can at that girl standing next to him. Which in my opinion, is dumb because if you called Luke over he'd gladly leave and spend the rest of his time with you."

"No he wouldn't, and I don't know, Ashton. I have been pushing it as far back as I can, I can't have feelings for him I just can't. He's, well, he's him and I'm just me and he's my best friend, I just can't." I tried to explain.

"Alright, I'm just going to do one thing and then I'll leave you to think about it." He said, earning my curiosity.

"Luke!" Ashton repeated a good three time.

"What the fùck do you want mate?" Luke said, turning around from his spot across the room.

"Violet needs you."

I had never seen someone move so quick, and Ashton was correct about the whole situation. I didn't want to think about it too much because knowing Luke, he's just a genuine person and would be there for anyone.

"Yeah, love?" I looked over to see Ashton had already left, sneaky fùcker.

"You can go back to the girl or whoever, I didn't really need you, Ashton was just playing around." I nervously laughed.

I actually enjoyed the conversations I had been having with Ashton, despite him being best friends with Luke, I knew I could trust him with anything even if it were for my maybe existent feelings for Luke.

"It's okay, I would much rather spend time with you." I didn't respond but I knew I had to be blushing so I just downed what was left in my cup.

"You want to go for a walk?" I nodded as he grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd of desperate and sweaty teenagers looking for some kind of escape from reality.

Neither Luke or I were drunk but I knew well enough that we both had a slight buzz going on that was making us more bold than usual. We headed through the neighborhoods, it was dark out and warm but with the slight breeze it felt perfect.

Luke looked down at me for a moment as we continued to walk before he took my hand and laced his fingers with mine. Anytime Luke touched me in the slightly bit I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach and on a rare occasion I would get goosebumps.

"Let's go on the swings!" I whined and I'm pretty sure Luke was expectant of me saying that.

"You know, Violet, I really like you." Luke stopped me, grabbing me by my waist and pulling me into his chest as we were standing up.

"Well, good to know, because I really like you, too." I smiled but something in his eyes showed me that he meant something so much more by that.

Before I could process anything else he was leaning closer and my initial thought was to back away, I couldn't possibly kiss my best friend, but then I found myself leaning in. His lips attached to mine and everything else was smooth from there on. I can't describe how it felt, just extremely thrilling and left me feeling giddy.

"Wow." I breathed out when we pulled apart, him resting his forehead against mine.

"Wow is correct." He still had his eyes closed but when they opened and met mine I felt stuck before I finally built the strength to pull away.

Somehow or another we both ignored what just happened and walked back home, it wasn't awkward or anything of the sorts. We literally just pretended it didn't happen.

People were still going as hard as ever when we returned so we made our way straight up to Luke's bedroom. I pulled out one of his typical band shirts and changed before snuggling into his bed.

"Why do you even bring your own sleeping clothes babe?" Luke chucked, pulling me into his chest.

"Are you complaining, bubs?"

"Not at all, I couldn't ask for a better sight than you being in my shirts." He looked down and winked before turning off the light and pulling me closer.

All I could think about: what's going to happen when we wake up?

-

"We kissed!" I whisper shouted to Ashton, pacing around the living room since Luke was still asleep.

"Wait, go back, what happened?"

"We went for a walk and ended up at a park and he just pulled me close to him and we ended up kissing and it was the best thing ever but I pulled away and we just ignored it for the rest of the night." I explained.

"Well, he's been wanting to kiss you but he was scared if he did that he would scare you off." Ashton added but I ignored it.

"How am I suppose to face him? We can't just pretend it didn't happen? Can we? What if he forgot about it?" I ranted but quickly stopped as Luke entered the living room, rubbing his tired eyes.

Luke walked over to me, pulling me closer to him once again and gently placing his lips on mine for a moment. I could just feel Ashton's intense stare from behind us but I couldn't pull away.

"I could never forget that." He whispered before walking off, leaving me completely flustered and wanting more.

-

..... idk what to say enjoy !'