7 | Scarlet

To Marianna,sometimes I get lazy and I imagineher yelling at me

To Marianna,
sometimes I get lazy and I imagine
her yelling at me.
Check her work out on @hubrism
She has so many amazing books that are completed
and deserve to be binged!! She's a queen!!!

 Check her work out on @hubrism She has so many amazing books that are completedand deserve to be binged!! She's a queen!!!

Everyone always said that high school was supposed to be one of the best years of your life. And I guess I understood where they were coming from. But this wasn't the bullshit I had signed up for.

My last year of high school was supposed to be all about bonfire parties, running into the arms of my high school sweetheart and an epic road trip. Instead, I was stuck watching Levi Henare's grades with a sneer and the entire student body worship Poppy Carter like she made the Earth rotate.

Today's saving grace was watching Jude walk into a door while flirting with the new girl in year twelve.

Even that couldn't make up for my miserable day.

The 'year 13' uniform was not made for the Auckland heat. The white button up was stuck to my skin in all the wrong ways and I really hoped I didn't have a sweat patch under my armpits. My socks were slowly slipping away in my heavy shoes and I wished they weren't a thing in the first place.

I could feel the sweat between my toes as I dragged myself to the tiki huts the school had built over the summer break. It was another sorry attempt to look diverse and open to culture. But if it meant the 'dodgy' back areas of B block finally had a place to seat, I wasn't going to complain.

I plopped on to the seat and dropped my chin onto the wooden table. I eyed the bracelet hanging off my wrist and my fingers traced the crack in my Pandora bracelet. Courtesy of Sawyer.

I remembered the day Sawyer had gifted me the rose charm hanging off the bracelet. He had been so happy. Mum and dad were even ecstatic. Sawyer was going to go to university with a full ride scholarship.

Long gone was the scholarship, and the brother who lifted me up and spun me around was lost and nowhere to be found. Hell, the proud parents were barely around, skipping away to romantic getaways anytime their marriage counsellor prescribed it.