10 | Levi

Nina,you're so lovely

Nina,
you're so lovely.
Much love for the cover

There were only so many things worse than a head prefects meeting

There were only so many things worse than a head prefects meeting. The list was minimal from being told off by Ma to watching your crush make out with another guy.

Poppy, Jude, Scarlet and I sat at a table with the school's head management team. I didn't know what was more scattered, my thoughts or the papers on the desk. Our Principal cracked another dad joke that we all laughed awkwardly at. Even the deputy principal cast him a side glance.

"So, who wants to do what?"

Scarlet opened her mouth, but I jumped in before she could, "I'm happy to help Scarlet with the pride idea."

Scarlet glared at me, and I wondered how she was going to get out of this one. "Actually, I was hoping to get Jude's help on this one. Since he's so involved with the art anyway."

I narrowed my eyes at her. Yeah, okay, maybe I couldn't paint for shit. And maybe the Pride celebration required painting, but what-fucking-ever. I leaned back into my chair, begrudgingly impressed.

The principal glanced awkwardly between Scarlet and me.

"I don't mind doing that," Jude chimed in.

The deputy principal nodded. "Great. The deputies can work on the pride celebration, and we can get Levi and Poppy to create the PowerPoint for our history assembly."

I resisted the urge to groan. Working with Poppy was the most challenging thing I had done. Considering, getting Scarlet to tolerate me was a mission in progress for almost five years, that said something. On top of that, the history assembly was just an excuse to get old men to talk about how they founded the school.

I plastered a smile on my face. "Of course."

"That's us done, for today then."

We filed out of the room, backpacks hanging off our shoulders, and phones already out.

Malachi's name flashed on my phone, followed by capitalised words and an excessive amount of exclamation marks.

"Are you guys coming?" Jude asked, stopping in his walk to stare at us.