8 | Levi

Sarena,I'm proud to be yourbirthday twin <3

Sarena,
I'm proud to be your
birthday twin <3

Imagine, you're having the best day of your life

Imagine, you're having the best day of your life. Sunshine, rainbows and everything pretty. There is a halo over your head and the weather is absolutely perfect – not too hot, nor too cold. And then, out of nowhere, a bird shits on you. That's how Scarlet Bridge looked at me.

With a sour look on her face, she strode towards me. Considering she's the one choosing to approach me, in my territory, I figured she should've been expecting the bird shit.

Scarlet stopped in front of me. Her glare had me wondering what I had done now.

"There's a kid in my peer mentoring class who wants to get into sports but he's too scared about being bad." As the words fell out of her mouth, she looked away from me. Her eyes roamed over everything but me. And I looked at only her.

When I didn't respond, she continued, "Do you think you could give him a few training sessions to boost his confidence?"

I studied her curiously. "Why me?"

Her nose flared before she answered, "You're good at what you do. Insufferable? Yes. But people seem to like you."

"And you're not people," I stated, matter-of-factly.

Her gaze finally snapped towards me. Mission accomplished. Scarlet's eyes were the kind of captivating, that it was almost art.

"No, Henare, I am definitely not people."

"What's his name?"

For a moment she didn't respond. I wondered if that meant she had forgotten the point of the conversation.

"Neil Mitchell."

I nodded. As an afterthought, I asked, "Doesn't your boyfriend go to that preppy private school on Serville?"

Scarlet took a step forward, her eyes narrowing.

I wondered what she would do if I took a step forward. Would she move back?