03 | CHAPTER THREE

LILY WAS OUT IN HER GARDEN WHEN HER MOTHER called her in. Lily thought she was gonna get in trouble as she was supposed to be doing school work but instead she was working in the garden. She walked inside and hid her gardening tools behind her but before she could say anything her mother did first. "Lily come along! We're going to the Laurence home!" Marmee said handing her, her coat.

Lily's eyes furrowed, "Why?" She asked putting the coat on. Her mother sighed, "Amy's gotten herself into more trouble." She said opening the door. Lily just nodded and followed after he sisters to the Laurence home.

The home was fairly close by so they didn't have to suffer in the cold for long. Marmee knocked on the door and a maid answered. She already knew of the March family and opened the door farther for them.

The family was led to the study where Amy was placed. The whole walk to the study Lily was looking everywhere. It was so beautiful and rich. She loved it.

They walked into the study and Amy sat with Meg. Lily immediately ran to the plants not bothering asking her sister what was wrong, as she already knew that she was just over exaggerating whatever mess she had gotten herself into.

She studied the plants and one flower caught her eye. It was drooped and brown. Lily gasped causing everyone to look towards her. "This flower is dead! How could you!" She said standing up and looking at everyone. Laurie laughed at the girl, "Who takes care of these plants?" Lily demanded.

A man in the back of the room raised his hand. "That would be me." He spoke. Lily glared daggers at the man. "I would personally fire you, if I could." She said turning around snobby like and looking back at the other flowers.

The man looked shocked. Marmee faced the man and shook her head with a smile, "She doesn't mean it. She's just very passionate of plants." She said as the man nodded his mouth still hung low.

Laurie walked over to the girl and crouched down. "We have a lovely garden! You can come and visit it anytime you would like." He said and Lily gasped facing the boy. "Really!" She said and he nodded which made the girl squeal.

She tried coughing to cover it up but just ended up laughing. He shook his head at the girl chuckling himself a bit before the two stood up. He walked over to Jo as Lily sat next to Amy to check up on her as she was now crying.

"You are not to go to that school anymore." Marmee said shaking her head. "Good that man has always been an idiot." Jo spoke up from next to Laurie. "Jo will teach you." Marmee spoke making Jo shake her head.

"Me! I already teach Beth!" She argued. "Your a good teacher." Meg reasoned and Lily nodded. "Yes women being taught at home is more proper, I believe." Lily now knew as Mr.Brooke spoke trying to make a good impression on Meg which made Lily smiled. "Only because the schools for women are so poor." Meg spoke turning towards Mr.Brooke. "Indeed quite right." He nodded.

"I wish all the girls would leave his horrible school and he would die." Any spoke with envy. Lily tired to stifle a laugh but Meg shot a glare at her which shut her up quickly. "You did wrong Amy and there will be consequences." Marmee spoke.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Amy. My girls know their way to get into mischief." Marmee said looking at Laurie. Laurie nodded, "So do I." He spoke as he looked at Jo. "You should come over and we'll take care of you." Marmee joked. "And please come over whenever you would like. Tell Beth she's aloud to as well." Laurie said catching everyone's attention.

"Oh Beth would love the piano!" Lily said and Amy nodded. "Is she the quiet one?" Mr.Laurence asked. "That's our Beth." Meg spoke. "Tell the little girl to use our piano!" He nodded.

"And Jo take whatever book you would like." Laurie said and Jo smiled at the boy. "May I come and look at the paintings?" Amy asked and Laurie nodded. "There is also a lovely green house." Mr.Laurence said and Lily clapped with joy. "There's a marvelous park near by!" Mr.Brooke said trying to impress Meg but it just fell silent.

"We must get going. Girls?" Marmee said breaking the silence. Lily got up helping Amy up as well. "Thank you!" Jo said, "Please come over!" Amy gushed to Laurie as Lily laughed. "Many thanks!" Meg said pushing the two out the door. "Fix those plants!" Lily yelled half as a joke and half serious.

The March family walked out the door and headed towards their own home. Lily had a certain boy stuck in her head for some odd reason. She didn't know why. But she held something down. Deep in her stomach. And it was slowly rising as seconds past.

_____

LILY SAT IN HER AND MEG'S SHARED ROOM AS SHE READ a book she had borrowed from the Laurence library. It was of course about plants. But it was more about the science bit. It was a little late and Meg was already asleep. She heard a knock on the door and there stood Beth and her doll. Lily smiled placing the book down and motioned for her to come in. Beth walked in and laid next to her.

Lily rubbed her back and sighed. She grabbed the other book about magic that was sat on her night stand and opened it. Lily started to read the book to little Beth and her dolly. This happened quite a bit. Beth would come into her room and Lily would read the story to her when she couldn't sleep. Meg didn't mind as she was definitely a heavy sleeper.

Lily heard the small snores of Beth and smiled. She closed the book with a yawn and placed it on the night stand. She wrapped the blanket around the two and slowly fell asleep tracing circles on her little sister's back.

______

03. AUTHORS NOTE
the end of the beginning!

chapter three!! more laurie content :))

chapter three!!
more laurie content :))

i also wanted to add that
little part with beth and lily
just to show that lily
does care for her siblings dearly.

i'm getting faster at writing these!
i hope you enjoy this chapter!

i also have a book
called i built a friend!
it's a gilbert x female oc!
i just finished writing season one!
so you should go check it out!!

all feedback is welcome !!

🦋🦋🦋