10 | CHAPTER TEN

JO SAT ON THE BED PLACING A COLD WASHCLOTH ON Beth and Lily's forehead. "You two will get better. Father will get better. And we'll all be together soon." Jo demanded trying to convince herself.

Lily coughed and smiled sadly at her older sister, "You can't stop gods will." She said reaching and grabbing her sisters hand and giving it a weak squeeze. "Well god hadn't met my will yet. What Jo's will shall be done." Jo said squeezing the girls hand.

Jo and Meg face the two. They had gotten worse day by day and were holding on by a thread. Jo faced Hannah, "What do we do?" She asked biting her nails. "We should send for you mother." Hannah spoke and Meg nodded.

_____

IN WALKED MARMEE WITH LAURIE AS SHE WALKED straight into the room where Beth and Lily were placed. "You were right to send for me my girls, but you've been very good nurses." Marmee spoke facing her two oldest. "Jo's been doing all the nursing. She's barely slept." Meg said pointing to the second oldest.

"I don't know what else to do." Jo said not taking her eyes of the two sick girls. "Hannah get two bowls of clear broth and Jo get two bags of ice, we need to cool them." Marmee said as Jo and Hannah walked away to her those items.

"Who is with father?" Meg asked grabbing her mothers hand. "John is staying with him for awhile." Marmee responded squeezing the girls hand. "We need to change the liens." Marmee spoke as she let go of Meg's hand and walked into the room followed by Meg, Jo, and Hannah.

______

THE TWO GIRLS HAD GOTTEN BETTER THEY still weren't 100% but they were good enough to walk around. Jo came down stairs yelling and tears laid on her eyes and cheek. She had thought the worst waking up and not seeing either Beth nor Lily.

She saw the two sitting and eating with Hannah and Marmee and jumped with joy and quickly went to hug the two. "Merry Christmas, Bethy and Lils." She said crying tears of joy. "Merry Christmas Jojo." Lily said wiping off her older sisters tears.

It was later that evening. Lily was out in her garden for the first time in weeks when she heard screaming coming from the house. She jumped up in defense middle child mood as she sprinted the best she could to the house. She opened the back door and stepped in, "Who died?" She yelled but calmed down when she saw all her sisters were alright but was met with the image of her father standing there.

Tears strung her eyes and she ran and hugged him as everyone joined the two. "My little women, how you've grown and how proud I am of all of you. Each of you merry Christmas my dears." Their father said hugging the man.

After the family let go of the hug, they all spread around the house. Meg and Mr. Brooks were in the kitchen, Marmee, and their father were in the living room with Beth and Amy. Laurie and Jo were stood together in the corner while Lily sat alone.

Suddenly a sound like a knock from the door. Lily stood up and opened it. There stood Noah and Dorian, snow covering their skin. "Boys! Come in, Merry Christmas!" Lily smiled, speaking loudly enough to alert the family.

"Marmee this is Noah and Dorian Larsonington." Lillian introduced, making Any squeal with joy. The family said 'hello' before turning back into their own conversations, Beth eloping in a conversation with Dorian.

Noah and Lily spoke silently in the corner. Laurie kept through glances at them, but would quickly look away. "That Laurence boy keeps looking over at us." Noah said quietly, throwing his own glance over at Laurie. "Yeah well don't get your hopes to high, Jo and Laurie are gonna her married. I just know it." Lily mumbled, her head hanging low.

"Hey, how about tomorrow I pick you up and we go have a picnic." Noah spoke suddenly, making Lillian's head fling up. "Like a date?" Lily questioned. Noah smirked, "Exactly like a date."

________

THE NEXT DAY THE five sisters were stood in Meg and Lillian's room, helping her get ready. Or Meg was, and Beth, Amy, and Jo we're all watching. "Why are you going out with this Noah boy anyways." Jo grumbled. "We've been over this Jo!" Lily answered rolling her eyes. Marmee bursted into the room and smiled, "You look amazing, and Noah's here!" She announced.

The sisters all began to talk at the same time while Lily ran down the stairs. She walked to the door and there stood Noah. "Hi!" She smiled waving, He looked her up and down, "Hey." He gave her his arm and smirked, "You ready?" Noah asked. "Yep!" She grinned before walking out of the house, her sisters throwing yells from the door on their way out.

After a short 10 minute walk, the two arrived at a beach. The same beach, Lily had almost kissed Noah at. "Come on!" He dragged her to a corner of the beach where a red and white blanket sat, with a basket of food. "This is lovely." Lily answered truthfully, making Noah look down, smiling.

The two sat down on the blanket as Noah began to pull out all of Lily's favorite foods. "How did you know I liked all these things!" Lillian exclaimed, shocked. "Well after I asked you out on Christmas day, I asked Meg." Noah shrugged, making her laugh. "Well thank you," She smiled, biting into a strawberry.

The two continued their picnic, having light conversation. But now the two sat in silence, just watching the sea go by. "It's so beautiful." Lily grinned, staring at mother nature herself. "It is." Noah replied, but he wasn't looking at the ocean, he was looking at Lily.

Lillian turned her head and saw that he was staring at her. The two were caught in each others eyes when suddenly Noah leaned forward and kissed her. Lily's eyes widened but she quickly shut them, kissing him back. They leaned apart after a good 3 seconds and smiled at each other.

"Would you like to make me the luckiest man alive, and date with me?" He asked her. Lily's face flushed red and she nodded. "Yes!" She happily shouted, hugging the man she know knew as her boyfriend.

_________
authors note!
i literally don't know if boyfriends
were a thing back then but let's
roll with it.